Barbecued Fish Patties

Kitty

Culinary Explorer
Now let's have this dish that can be a snack and be the day's main course
Barbecued Fish Patties.jpeg

Ingredients:​

• 500g firm white fish fillets (such as cod or tilapia)
  • 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olive oil for brushing

Instructions:​

1. Preheat your barbecue to medium-high heat.
  2. In a food processor, pulse the fish fillets until finely chopped.
  3. Transfer the chopped fish to a mixing bowl. Add breadcrumbs, chopped onion, minced garlic, beaten egg, chopped parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
  4. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into patties.
  5. Brush each fish patty lightly with olive oil on both sides.
  6. Place the patties on the preheated barbecue grill.
  7. Grill the patties for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through and nicely browned on the outside.
  8. Serve the barbecued fish patties hot with your favorite sauce or accompaniments.
You can adjust the seasonings and add other ingredients according to your taste preferences. Enjoy your delicious barbecued fish patties!

These Barbecued Fish Patties look like a fantastic twist on traditional barbecue fare! 🐟🍔 I'm always on the lookout for new ways to enjoy seafood, and this recipe sounds both flavorful and unique. I'm imagining the smoky char from the barbecue complementing the delicate fish perfectly. Can't wait to fire up the grill and give these a try at my next cookout. 🌟🔥👨‍🍳

I always add some breadcrumbs and an egg to bind the patties. I think it helps them stay together on the barbecue, though you can use panko for extra crunch. 🍞

They look incredibly tasty and like a perfect option for a summer barbecue or a healthy weeknight meal. I love the idea of combining fresh fish with barbecue flavors for a unique twist. Do you have any tips for keeping the patties from falling apart on the grill or any favorite sauces or sides that pair especially well with these patties? Excited to give them a try at my next cookout! 🍔🌟

Back