Berry Scone Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I’ve been on a bit of a baking spree lately, and I just had to share this berry scone recipe with you all. It’s super easy to make and perfect for breakfast or an afternoon treat. The scones come out buttery, slightly sweet, and bursting with juicy berries. Here’s how you do it:

Ingredients:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar (plus a little extra for sprinkling)
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter (cold, cut into small cubes)
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream (plus extra for brushing)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen, I usually go with blueberries and raspberries)
Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
  3. Add the cold butter to the flour mixture. Use a pastry cutter (or your fingers if you’re like me) to cut the butter in until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla extract. Pour this into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. The dough will be a little sticky—don’t worry, that’s normal!
  5. Gently fold in the berries. Be careful not to overmix, or the berries might get squished.
  6. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape it into a circle about 1 inch thick. Cut the circle into 8 wedges (like a pizza) and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
  7. Brush the tops with a little extra cream and sprinkle with sugar for a nice golden finish.
  8. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the scones are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  9. Let them cool for a few minutes (if you can wait that long!) before digging in.
    Berry Scone Recipe.jpg
I hope you give these a try! They’re seriously addictive. Let me know how they turn out for you or if you’ve got any tips to make them even better! 😊

These berry scones look absolutely delicious! 🍓 Perfect for a sweet treat with my morning coffee. Can’t wait to bake a batch! 😋

Yum! These scones sound amazing—I'm all in for berry treats, and they look so easy to whip up. Thanks for sharing this recipe; I’m definitely going to give it a go! 🍓👌

Back