Buttery And Delicious Mini Egg Pies

littlehomie

Novice Foodie
Hey fellows! I recently stumbled upon an amazing recipe for Mini Egg Pies that I just have to share with you all. These delightful little treats are perfect for any occasion and are sure to impress both friends and family alike. Let's dive into the world of these scrumptious miniature pies together!

Mini Egg Pies.jpg

Ingredients:
CRUST

8 ounces butter​
2 cups flour​
1 teaspoon salt​
2 tablespoons sugar​
¼ cup ice water​

CUSTARD FILLING

6 egg yolks​
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk​
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk​

Preparation:
  1. Cube the butter and freeze it for approximately 30 minutes to an hour. In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and sugar, then chill the mixture in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
  2. Incorporate the butter into the flour mixture. Either use a pastry blender or blend the butter into the flour by pinching it with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal with pea-sized, butter-speckled pieces.
  3. Slowly add ice water to the flour-butter mixture, and with your hands, mix until just combined. Gently gather the dough and shape it into a ball. If the dough is too crumbly and does not hold together, add more water one tablespoon at a time. Be cautious not to add too much liquid and avoid overworking the dough.
  4. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
  5. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
  6. Meanwhile, in a bowl, blend together egg yolks, evaporated milk, and condensed milk until well combined. Strain the custard mixture using a cheesecloth.
  7. Divide the dough into 12 portions. Place each portion between two sheets of parchment paper and gently flatten it with a rolling pin until it reaches a diameter of 4 inches and a thickness of ⅛ inch.
  8. Spray the holes of a 12-hole muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Lift each flattened dough and place it into each muffin hole, gently pressing on the sides and bottom with your hands. Trim off any excess dough from the edges.
  9. Fill the prepared dough-lined muffin pan with the custard mixture, filling each hole up to ¾ full.
  10. Bake in a 350°F oven for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until the crust is golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the custard comes out clean.
  11. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the pan. These tarts are best served at room temperature.

Who's ready to elevate their dessert game with these Mini Egg Pies? Let's trade recipes and tips to make them even more delicious!

Wow, these Mini Egg Pies look absolutely delightful! Thank you for sharing this recipe. I can't wait to try making them for my next gathering!😀

I'm so excited to chat about these Buttery And Delicious Mini Egg Pies. They look absolutely scrumptious! What's your favorite part about making or eating mini pies like these? 🥧

I love any kind of Pie😜;)😉... and this mini egg pie can serve as a canape' and a one go kind of dessert in my parties....;) This will definitely go into my recipe notes.. Thank you for this!

I'm so ready to give these Buttery and Delicious Mini Egg Pies a try! 🥧🍳 They look like the perfect combination of flaky crust and creamy filling—just what I need to satisfy my sweet tooth. Can't wait to bake up a batch and indulge in some homemade goodness! 🌟 Let's get baking!

Back