Cheesy Baked Fajita Pasta

fluffyiyoyo

Culinary Explorer
Calling all cheese lovers and Tex-Mex fans! 📣 Sharing you today my new weeknight BFF that could be yours too. It's basically a flavor fiesta in a baking dish, and it's surprisingly easy to make too! Perfect for a crowd-pleasing dinner or a cheesy indulgence on a lazy night in 😊

Ingredients:
Cheesy Baked Fajita Pasta.jpg

• 8 oz penne or other short pasta
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 yellow onion, sliced
  • 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken strips and fajita seasoning, and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and has a nice sear. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
  4. In the same skillet, sauté the sliced bell pepper and onion for 3-4 minutes until they're slightly softened.
  5. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute to create a roux. Slowly pour in the milk while whisking constantly, and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
  6. Remove the sauce from heat and stir in the shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses until they're fully melted and incorporated.
  7. In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, sautéed veggies, cooked chicken, and cheese sauce. Toss everything together until well-coated.
  8. Transfer the cheesy fajita pasta mixture to a greased baking dish and sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the top.
  9. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly and melted.
  10. Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro, if desired.
Who's in? Let me know if you give it a try! This recipe is gonna be a game-changer for your weeknight meals ;)

I bet this more tasty if you paired up drinking with wine! Because the flavors and spices would really compliment to each other 👌🙂😋

I bet this more tasty if you paired up drinking with wine! Because the flavors and spices would really compliment to each other 👌🙂😋
Overall, I think Cheesy Baked Fajita Pasta is a crowd-pleasing dish that combines the best of both worlds - pasta and fajitas. 🎉🍽️ It's easy to make, comforting to eat, and sure to become a family favorite!

Back