Chicken and Pasta Breakfast Skillet Recipe 🍳🍝

benzie

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone,

I've been experimenting with some unconventional breakfast ideas and wanted to share a recipe that turned out to be a huge hit in my household.

Ingredients:

• 1 cup cooked pasta (I like using penne or bow-tie)
  • 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color you like)
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella works great)
  • Fresh basil or parsley, chopped (for garnish)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:

1. Cook the pasta: If you haven't already, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
  2. Prepare the chicken: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
  3. Sauté the veggies: In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and cook until it becomes translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and bell pepper, and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the peppers are soft. Toss in the cherry tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
  4. Combine pasta and chicken: Add the cooked pasta and chicken back into the skillet with the veggies. Stir everything together to combine.
  5. Prepare the eggs: In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta and chicken in the skillet. Let it cook undisturbed for a minute, then gently stir to distribute the eggs throughout the mixture.
  6. Add cheese: Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and cover the skillet with a lid. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
  7. Serve: Remove from heat, sprinkle with fresh basil or parsley, and serve hot.
    Chicken and Pasta Breakfast Skillet Recipe 🍳🍝.jpg
    Chicken and Pasta Breakfast Skillet Recipe 🍳🍝.jpg
This recipe is a fantastic way to use up leftover pasta and it's super satisfying. Plus, it's a great way to start the day with a good mix of protein and carbs. Hope you all enjoy it!

Happy cooking! 😊

I'm intrigued by the idea of chicken and pasta for breakfast! 🍳🍝 This looks like a hearty and delicious way to start the day. I'm definitely adding it to my breakfast rotation. Has anyone else tried it yet? I'd love to hear your thoughts! 😊👩‍🍳

Hey everyone,

I've been experimenting with some unconventional breakfast ideas and wanted to share a recipe that turned out to be a huge hit in my household.

Ingredients:

• 1 cup cooked pasta (I like using penne or bow-tie)
  • 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color you like)
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella works great)
  • Fresh basil or parsley, chopped (for garnish)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:

1. Cook the pasta: If you haven't already, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
  2. Prepare the chicken: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
  3. Sauté the veggies: In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and cook until it becomes translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and bell pepper, and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the peppers are soft. Toss in the cherry tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
  4. Combine pasta and chicken: Add the cooked pasta and chicken back into the skillet with the veggies. Stir everything together to combine.
  5. Prepare the eggs: In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta and chicken in the skillet. Let it cook undisturbed for a minute, then gently stir to distribute the eggs throughout the mixture.
  6. Add cheese: Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and cover the skillet with a lid. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
  7. Serve: Remove from heat, sprinkle with fresh basil or parsley, and serve hot.View attachment 3558View attachment 3558
This recipe is a fantastic way to use up leftover pasta and it's super satisfying. Plus, it's a great way to start the day with a good mix of protein and carbs. Hope you all enjoy it!

Happy cooking! 😊
This chicken and pasta breakfast skillet sounds like such a hearty way to start the day! Has anyone added some veggies like spinach or bell peppers for extra flavor and nutrients? Can't wait to try it this weekend! 🍳🍗🍝

Back