Chicken Breast with Pasta!!

metro_boomin

Novice Foodie
Hey there! I want to share this recipe of mine especially for those people who are into basketball 🏀 Well, as I am typing this post, I am actually eating this food and it is the Chicken Breast with Pasta :D For me, this is one of the best pre-meal before you play or exercise!
Chicken-Sun-Dried-Tomato-Pasta-14-Edit.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 bell pepper, diced (any color you prefer)
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, for added spice)
  • 8 ounces pasta (such as penne, spaghetti, or fettuccine)
  • Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
  • Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
  2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
  3. In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the minced garlic, chopped onion, diced bell pepper, and sliced mushrooms. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
  4. Pour in the diced tomatoes (with their juices) and add the dried basil, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes (if using). Stir to combine and let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  5. While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
  6. Once the sauce has thickened slightly, return the cooked chicken breasts to the skillet, nestling them into the sauce. Let them simmer together for another 5 minutes to heat the chicken through.
  7. Serve the chicken breast and sauce over the cooked pasta. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves, if desired.
This meal is not only good for your fitness boost before playing, but also it is full of proteins which is essential for your muscle gain :)

My mouth is watering just by imagining the aroma of the sizzling chicken and the savory pasta filling your chicken. I'm excited to give it a shot in my kitchen! Thanks for sharing your recipe!🍗🍝

My mouth is watering just by imagining the aroma of the sizzling chicken and the savory pasta filling your chicken. I'm excited to give it a shot in my kitchen! Thanks for sharing your recipe!🍗🍝
I agree! I get what you mean. When you have that sizzling chicken mixed with the delicious pasta sauce, it's like an additional recipe in your kitchen! The way the tastes and smells come together is just incredible:love:

Back