Chicken Pho Recipe

Mui

Tasty Apprentice
Craving a comforting bowl of Chicken Pho? This delicious and aromatic Vietnamese soup is perfect for any time of the year. It's easy to make and incredibly satisfying!

chicken pho recipe.jpg
Ingredients:

• 1 whole chicken (about 3-4 pounds)
  • 1 large onion, halved
  • 4-inch piece of ginger, halved lengthwise
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 4 star anise
  • 4 cloves
  • 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 6 cups chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 1 package rice noodles (about 14 ounces)
  • Fresh herbs (cilantro, basil, mint)
  • Bean sprouts
  • Lime wedges
  • Sliced jalapeños
  • Hoisin sauce
  • Sriracha
Directions:
  1. In a large pot, add the whole chicken and enough water to cover it. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes. Skim off any foam that rises to the surface.
  2. Meanwhile, char the onion and ginger halves over an open flame or in a dry skillet until blackened. Add to the pot with the chicken.
  3. In a small pan, toast the cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves, and coriander seeds over medium heat until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add to the pot.
  4. Add sugar and salt to the pot. Continue to simmer for another 30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
  5. Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool. Shred the meat and set aside.
  6. Strain the broth through a fine sieve into another pot. Add chicken broth and fish sauce. Bring to a simmer.
  7. Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
  8. To serve, divide the noodles among bowls. Top with shredded chicken and ladle the hot broth over. Add fresh herbs, bean sprouts, lime wedges, and sliced jalapeños as desired. Serve with hoisin sauce and sriracha on the side.
Enjoy your homemade Chicken Pho!;)

Chicken Pho is one of my absolute favorites! There's something so comforting about that aromatic broth with all the spices. I remember the first time I made it at home – the whole house was filled with the wonderful scent of simmering chicken and toasted spices. The fresh herbs, crunchy bean sprouts, and the hint of lime really make it special. Plus, it's surprisingly easy to make once you get the hang of it. If you haven't tried making it yet, I definitely recommend it. You'll love how satisfying and flavorful it is! 😊🍜

Craving a comforting bowl of Chicken Pho? This delicious and aromatic Vietnamese soup is perfect for any time of the year. It's easy to make and incredibly satisfying!

View attachment 4686Ingredients:

• 1 whole chicken (about 3-4 pounds)
  • 1 large onion, halved
  • 4-inch piece of ginger, halved lengthwise
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 4 star anise
  • 4 cloves
  • 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 6 cups chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 1 package rice noodles (about 14 ounces)
  • Fresh herbs (cilantro, basil, mint)
  • Bean sprouts
  • Lime wedges
  • Sliced jalapeños
  • Hoisin sauce
  • Sriracha
Directions:
  1. In a large pot, add the whole chicken and enough water to cover it. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes. Skim off any foam that rises to the surface.
  2. Meanwhile, char the onion and ginger halves over an open flame or in a dry skillet until blackened. Add to the pot with the chicken.
  3. In a small pan, toast the cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves, and coriander seeds over medium heat until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add to the pot.
  4. Add sugar and salt to the pot. Continue to simmer for another 30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
  5. Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool. Shred the meat and set aside.
  6. Strain the broth through a fine sieve into another pot. Add chicken broth and fish sauce. Bring to a simmer.
  7. Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
  8. To serve, divide the noodles among bowls. Top with shredded chicken and ladle the hot broth over. Add fresh herbs, bean sprouts, lime wedges, and sliced jalapeños as desired. Serve with hoisin sauce and sriracha on the side.
Enjoy your homemade Chicken Pho!;)
Just made this and it was so comforting! Perfect for a chilly evening. 🍜❤️

Chicken Pho is one of my absolute favorites! There's something so comforting about that aromatic broth with all the spices. I remember the first time I made it at home – the whole house was filled with the wonderful scent of simmering chicken and toasted spices. The fresh herbs, crunchy bean sprouts, and the hint of lime really make it special. Plus, it's surprisingly easy to make once you get the hang of it. If you haven't tried making it yet, I definitely recommend it. You'll love how satisfying and flavorful it is! 😊🍜
Wow, that sounds amazing! 😍 Chicken Pho is totally the bomb, and your description has me craving it right now. Thanks a ton for the suggestion – can't wait to dive into making it myself! 🍲🙌

Chicken Pho sounds so comforting and delicious! Can't wait to make it! 🍜🐔😊
Thanks so much! Chicken Pho is def one of my faves—super comforting and tasty! You’re gonna love it! 🍜🐔 Appreciate the kind words, means a lot 😊 Can’t wait to hear how yours turns out!

Just made this and it was so comforting! Perfect for a chilly evening. 🍜❤️
Just whipped this up too, and oh man, it's like a warm hug in a bowl! 😋🍜 Thanks a ton for the recipe suggestion—definitely gonna be my go-to comfort food for chilly nights! 🙌✨

Back