Chocolate Chip Scones Recipe

mndynthn12

Culinary Explorer
Hi everyone! These chocolate chip scones are my go-to for a cozy treat! 😍🍪 With just the right amount of gooey chocolate and a crispy, buttery edge, they’re perfect for a lazy weekend brunch or a sweet pick-me-up during the week. They’re super easy to make and fill the kitchen with that irresistible bakery smell. Trust me, these scones will become your new favorite! 🥐 Enjoy every bite and share with friends or keep them all to yourself—no judgment here! 😉🙌

Chocolate Chip Scones Recipe (1).jpg

Ingredients:

• 2½ cups all-purpose flour (300g)
  • 2 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 2 tbsp light brown sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp kosher salt
  • ⅓ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed (76g)
  • ⅓ cup chocolate chips (60g)
  • ¾ cup + 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream, divided (195ml)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp turbinado or sparkling sugar
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Cut in Butter: Use a pastry cutter to cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs (the butter should be no larger than pea-sized). Stir in the chocolate chips.
  4. Combine Wet Ingredients: In a small bowl, whisk together ¾ cup of heavy cream, the egg, and vanilla extract.
  5. Form Dough: Gradually add the cream mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing with a pastry cutter until a shaggy dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and press it into a ¾-inch thick square.
  6. Shape and Cut: Cut the dough in half, stack the halves, and press down. Repeat this process, then shape the dough into a 7-inch disc. Cut the disc into 8 equal triangles and place them on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. If desired, sprinkle with additional chocolate chips.
  7. Chill: Refrigerate the scones for 15 minutes.
  8. Brush and Sprinkle: Brush the scones with the remaining 1 tbsp of heavy cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
  9. Bake: Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the scones are puffed and lightly golden on top, rotating the baking sheet halfway through. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
  10. Storage: Store scones in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
Enjoy your delicious chocolate chip scones! 🍪

These chocolate chip scones sound epic! 🤤 Thanks for sharing the recipe – can’t wait to try them out! Appreciate the detailed instructions, really makes it easy to follow. 🍫👌

These chocolate chip scones sound epic! 🤤 Thanks for sharing the recipe – can’t wait to try them out! Appreciate the detailed instructions, really makes it easy to follow. 🍫👌
Thank you so much! 🤤🍫 I’m thrilled you’re excited to try them out. I’m glad the instructions are helpful—hope they turn out as epic as they sound! 🍽️👌

Hi everyone! These chocolate chip scones are my go-to for a cozy treat! 😍🍪 With just the right amount of gooey chocolate and a crispy, buttery edge, they’re perfect for a lazy weekend brunch or a sweet pick-me-up during the week. They’re super easy to make and fill the kitchen with that irresistible bakery smell. Trust me, these scones will become your new favorite! 🥐 Enjoy every bite and share with friends or keep them all to yourself—no judgment here! 😉🙌

View attachment 5217

Ingredients:

• 2½ cups all-purpose flour (300g)
  • 2 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 2 tbsp light brown sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp kosher salt
  • ⅓ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed (76g)
  • ⅓ cup chocolate chips (60g)
  • ¾ cup + 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream, divided (195ml)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp turbinado or sparkling sugar
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Cut in Butter: Use a pastry cutter to cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs (the butter should be no larger than pea-sized). Stir in the chocolate chips.
  4. Combine Wet Ingredients: In a small bowl, whisk together ¾ cup of heavy cream, the egg, and vanilla extract.
  5. Form Dough: Gradually add the cream mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing with a pastry cutter until a shaggy dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and press it into a ¾-inch thick square.
  6. Shape and Cut: Cut the dough in half, stack the halves, and press down. Repeat this process, then shape the dough into a 7-inch disc. Cut the disc into 8 equal triangles and place them on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. If desired, sprinkle with additional chocolate chips.
  7. Chill: Refrigerate the scones for 15 minutes.
  8. Brush and Sprinkle: Brush the scones with the remaining 1 tbsp of heavy cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
  9. Bake: Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the scones are puffed and lightly golden on top, rotating the baking sheet halfway through. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
  10. Storage: Store scones in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
Enjoy your delicious chocolate chip scones! 🍪
Chocolate chip scones? Perfect for a cozy morning with coffee! Can’t wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing! ☕🍫

I just tried making this yesterday and it was sooooooo good!!! The mixing was tedious but very needed for that light and good texture! It makes a small batch so next time I would double this recipe. Thank you for sharing this recipe! (y):)

Back