Cranberry Chili Recipe

benzie

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I recently tried something different and wanted to share this unique Cranberry Chili recipe with you all. It’s a perfect mix of sweet and spicy, and I was honestly surprised by how well it turned out! It’s great for those cozy nights when you want something comforting but with a bit of a kick. Here’s how you can make it:

Ingredients:

• 1 lb ground beef (or turkey, if you prefer)
  • 1 can (14 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
  • 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped (optional for extra heat)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
Instructions:

1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, green bell pepper, and jalapeño (if using). Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
  2. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
  3. Add the ground beef (or turkey) and cook until browned, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain any excess fat.
  4. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, and paprika, making sure everything is well coated.
  5. Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, and cranberry sauce. Stir everything together.
  6. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Let it cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
    Cranberry Chili Recipe.jpg
Serve it up with some cornbread or over rice, and enjoy the sweet and spicy flavors! I wasn’t sure at first how cranberries would work in chili, but trust me, it’s a winner. Let me know if you give it a try, and feel free to tweak the recipe to your liking! 😊

Hey! The cranberry adds a nice sweet touch that goes great with the spicy flavor. I used ground beef and added a jalapeño for extra heat😍

Back