Curry Goat Recipe

strawberrykiss0325

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! šŸŒ“ Get ready to transport your taste buds to the sunny shores of Jamaica with this mouthwatering Curry Goat recipe. It's a flavorful journey you won't want to miss! I tried this recipe and has become a staple on my kitchen. Please let me know if you tried this recipe and how it went.
Curry Goat Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs goat meat, cut into cubes
  • 2 tablespoons curry powder
  • 2 onions, finely chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 2 carrots, peeled and diced
  • 2 cups coconut milk
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
  • 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Scotch bonnet pepper (optional, for extra heat)
  • Fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish

Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, season the goat meat with curry powder, salt, and pepper. Make sure the meat is evenly coated with the curry powder.
  2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and minced garlic, and sautƩ until the onions are soft and translucent.
  3. Add the seasoned goat meat to the pot and cook until browned on all sides.
  4. Stir in the diced potatoes and carrots, and cook for a few minutes.
  5. Pour in the coconut milk and water, and add the thyme leaves, grated ginger, and Scotch bonnet pepper (if using). Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer for about 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the goat meat is tender.
  6. Once the goat meat is cooked through and tender, adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Serve the curry goat hot, garnished with fresh cilantro or parsley, alongside rice and peas or your favorite side dishes.

Curry goat is a real comfort food! I remember my grandma making it with so much love. The blend of spices and tender goat meat is just so satisfying. I can almost smell it cooking! Thanks for sharing this recipeā€”it's a taste of home for me. Can't wait to try making it myself and relive those cozy memories. šŸ›šŸ

Oh, wow! Your Curry Goat recipe sounds like a flavor explosion! šŸ˜‹ I haven't tried making it yet, but seeing those ingredients makes my mouth water!

Your curry goat recipe looks incredible! Can't wait to give it a tryā€”I've been craving some delicious flavors lately, and this seems perfect. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Back