Curtido Recipe

Alfredo

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a tangy delight from El Salvador! 🇸🇻 Let's whip up some delicious curtido together! 🥗🌶️

Ingredients:
323×322
232.9 kB

1715877624903.png

• 1/2 head of cabbage, thinly sliced
  • 1 carrot, grated
  • 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, combine the sliced cabbage, grated carrot, and thinly sliced onion.
  2. In a small saucepan, heat the white vinegar, water, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
  3. Once simmering, pour the vinegar mixture over the cabbage mixture in the bowl.
  4. Toss everything together until the cabbage is evenly coated with the vinegar mixture.
  5. Cover the bowl and let the curtido marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to meld.
  6. Serve chilled as a side dish or topping for pupusas, tacos, or any other favorite dishes!
Enjoy your homemade curtido! 🥗🌶️

Hey there! Sounds like a plan! Cordito is the bomb - super tangy and delicious! All right, it's time for chopping and mixing, right? 🥬🌶️ Let's crank up the heat and spice up our food!

Thanks for sharing this curtido recipe! It looks super easy to make and packed with flavor. I can't wait to try it out as a side for my next taco night. Do you have any other favorite Salvadoran dishes you'd recommend pairing with this curtido? 🥗🌮

Back