Easy Beef Pho

Xerxes

Culinary Explorer
Hey Pho lovers out there! so today I tried this very delicious Beef Pho, and let me tell you, from trying to slice ginger without losing a finger to juggling multiple pots on the stove, it definitely had its moments but hey, nothing worth doing is ever easy, so without further ado here's I do it.

Ingredients:
  • One small onion, peeled and sliced thin
  • Fresh ginger and garlic
  • Low sodium beef broth and water as the liquid
  • Fish sauce and rice vinegar to flavor the broth
  • Rice noodles
  • Lean sirloin, sliced into 1/8 inch slices
  • Scallions
  • Bean sprouts
  • Baby bella mushrooms (or white mushrooms), sliced
  • Cilantro, mint, basil, jalapeno, and lime to garnish
  • Sriracha to garnish, optional
Instructions:
  1. Begin by preparing your broth. In a large pot, combine low sodium beef broth and water. Add in the thinly sliced onions, fresh ginger slices, and minced garlic. Let it simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes to infuse all those wonderful flavors.
  2. While your broth is simmering away, prep your garnishes. Chop up the scallions, cilantro, mint, and basil. Slice the jalapeno and lime into wedges. Arrange them all on a platter for easy access when serving.
  3. Once the broth is flavorful and aromatic, it's time to assemble your pho bowls. Bring the broth to a gentle boil and add in the rice noodles. Cook according to package instructions until they are tender but still slightly firm to the bite.
  4. While the noodles are cooking, arrange your sirloin slices, bean sprouts, and sliced mushrooms in individual bowls.
  5. Once the noodles are done, ladle the hot broth over the prepared bowls, ensuring that the beef slices cook through in the hot broth.
  6. Serve your beef pho piping hot, accompanied by the platter of garnishes. Let everyone customize their bowls with their favorite toppings, whether it's a squeeze of lime, a sprinkle of herbs, or a dash of Sriracha for some extra heat.

And there you have it, Pho lovers! My version of steaming bowl of easy beef pho, ready to warm both your soul and your taste buds. If you got any insider tips? share them below, let's swap kitchen wisdom hehe :)

beef pho.jpg

Hello! I can almost smell the fragrant broth from here. Any tips for us newbies on how to slice ginger without any kitchen mishaps?

This looks so delicious! The flavorful and warm broth and those spices and meat with it! A must try I guess? Will try this at home. 😉😋

Back