Egg-in-a-Hole Avocado Tost

Dom

Culinary Explorer
Start your day right with this recipe!
Egg-in-a-Hole Avocado Tost.JPG

Ingredients:​

• 1 ripe avocado
  • 2 slices of bread (whole grain, sourdough, or your preference)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Optional toppings: red pepper flakes, chives, salsa, or hot sauce

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Bread:
    • Use a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass to cut a hole (about 2-3 inches in diameter) in the center of each slice of bread.
  2. Heat the Pan:
    • Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the butter or olive oil.
  3. Cook the Egg-in-a-Hole:
    • Place the bread slices in the skillet.
    • Crack an egg into the hole of each slice of bread.
    • Cook until the egg whites are set and the bread is toasted, about 2-3 minutes per side. Carefully flip the bread and cook until the egg yolk reaches your desired level of doneness.
  4. Prepare the Avocado:
    • While the eggs are cooking, cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
    • Mash the avocado with a fork until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
  5. Assemble the Toast:
    • Spread the mashed avocado evenly on top of the cooked egg-in-a-hole toasts.
  6. Add Toppings:
    • Sprinkle with additional salt, pepper, and any other desired toppings such as red pepper flakes, chives, salsa, or hot sauce.
  7. Serve:
    • Serve immediately and enjoy your Egg-in-a-Hole Avocado Toast!

Tips:​

• For a twist, you can add a slice of cheese on top of the egg-in-a-hole during the last minute of cooking.
  • Consider adding a squeeze of lemon juice to the mashed avocado for extra flavor.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious breakfast!

Egg-in-a-Hole Avocado Toast is a great way to start the day! A tasty breakfast that you may tailor to your preferences. eager to give it a try! 😋🥑🍳

I love the idea of combining egg-in-a-hole with avocado toast. Adding a squeeze of lemon juice to the avocado sounds perfect for a little extra zing. I’m definitely going to try this for breakfast tomorrow 😉😋✨

Egg-in-a-Hole Avocado Toast? 🥑🍳 That's like breakfast magic right there! I can already picture that perfectly cooked egg nestled in creamy avocado, all on top of crunchy toast. Count me in for a delicious morning treat! Thanks for sharing this brilliant recipe idea!

Back