Francesinha Recipe

Are you ready for a flavor explosion? Francesinha is more than just a sandwich; it's a Portuguese culinary masterpiece packed with rich flavors and textures. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this hearty and indulgent creation. Let's start cooking! 🍳

Ingredients:

For the Francesinha:
  • Thick slices of white bread
  • Sliced smoked ham
  • Sliced cooked sausage (chorizo or similar)
  • Thinly sliced roast beef
  • Sliced cheese (Gouda or similar)
For the Sauce:
  • Beer
  • Chicken or beef stock
  • Butter
  • Concentrated tomato paste
  • Brandy or port wine
  • Milk
  • Cornstarch
  • Bay leaf
  • Chili flakes
  • Salt
  • Pepper
Receita típica do Porto! Conheça.jpg

Instructions:​

1. Make the sauce: In a saucepan, combine beer, stock, butter, tomato paste, brandy, milk, cornstarch, bay leaf, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove bay leaf and let cool slightly.
  2. Assemble the sandwich: Layer bread, ham, sausage, roast beef, and cheese on a baking dish. Repeat layers. Cover with remaining cheese.
  3. Bake: Place the sandwich in a preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
  4. Serve: Pour the hot sauce over the sandwich, allowing it to melt the cheese. Serve immediately with a side of fries.

This Portuguese powerhouse will knock your socks off! Get cooking and enjoy this incredible flavor bomb! 🤤🔥🍻

This looks so hearty and delicious! 😍🥪 I’ve always wanted to try a Francesinha – love the layers and that rich sauce! 🇵🇹✨ Thanks for sharing! 🙌🍴

I love how it combines so many flavors—especially the mix of chorizo, ham, and that rich sauce. I’m curious, have you ever tried making the sauce with a different kind of beer or maybe adding a twist to the cheese choice?😍

Back