Fried Chicken & Savory Cheddar-Chive Waffles Recipe

Kento Nanami

Culinary Explorer
Would you like to go to the next level and enjoy the fact that you can cook something really solid and unjust for brunch? Our Fried Chicken & Savory Cheddar-Chive Waffles recipe brings together the best of both worlds: crispy and perfectly cooked fried chicken with delicious golden crust and plump soft waffles covered with creamy cheddar cheese and sliced fresh chive. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, supper, or any other meal, everyone who will try this scrumptious mix will certainly like it. 🧇🍗

Fried Chicken & Savory Cheddar-Chive Waffles Recipe.jpg

Ingredients

Fried Chicken:

• 2-3 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 1.5 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1.5 tbsp paprika
  • 3 tsp cayenne
  • 2 tbsp salt
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1.5 cups buttermilk
  • 8 cups vegetable oil (for frying)

Cheddar Chive Waffles:
  • 1 serving favorite waffle mix (makes about 6 waffles)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tbsp chopped chives (plus more for garnish)
  • Maple syrup (for serving)

Instructions:
  1. Prepare Chicken: Salt the chicken and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
  2. Mix Dry Ingredients: In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, and salt.
  3. Mix Wet Ingredients: Beat the egg in a separate bowl, add buttermilk, and mix well.
  4. Dredge Chicken: Coat the chicken in the flour mixture, then place on a rack. Add 4 tbsp of the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture to create chunks. Coat the chicken in the buttermilk mixture, then pat the chunky flour mixture onto the chicken.
  5. Chill Chicken: Refrigerate the coated chicken for at least 30 minutes, up to 12 hours.
  6. Prepare Waffles: Make the waffle batter according to box instructions, adding cheddar and chives. Cook waffles in a waffle maker and keep warm in the oven.
  7. Heat Oil: Heat oil in a fryer to 350°F.
  8. Fry Chicken: Fry chicken pieces until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes, turning frequently. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Keep oil at 350°F while frying.
  9. Serve: Sprinkle salt on the fried chicken. Serve hot with warm waffles, maple syrup, and additional chives for garnish.

Just whipped up a batch of these fried chicken and savory cheddar-chive waffles, and let me tell you, they're a game-changer! 🤩🍗🧇 The crispy chicken pairs perfectly with the cheesy, herb-infused waffles—such a delicious twist on a classic combo. Highly recommend giving this recipe a try! 👍👩‍🍳

Just whipped up a batch of these fried chicken and savory cheddar-chive waffles, and let me tell you, they're a game-changer! 🤩🍗🧇 The crispy chicken pairs perfectly with the cheesy, herb-infused waffles—such a delicious twist on a classic combo. Highly recommend giving this recipe a try! 👍👩‍🍳
Though it’s savory, a drizzle of maple syrup on top adds a nice sweet contrast to the dish. 🍁

Would you like to go to the next level and enjoy the fact that you can cook something really solid and unjust for brunch? Our Fried Chicken & Savory Cheddar-Chive Waffles recipe brings together the best of both worlds: crispy and perfectly cooked fried chicken with delicious golden crust and plump soft waffles covered with creamy cheddar cheese and sliced fresh chive. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, supper, or any other meal, everyone who will try this scrumptious mix will certainly like it. 🧇🍗

View attachment 3566
Ingredients

Fried Chicken:

• 2-3 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 1.5 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1.5 tbsp paprika
  • 3 tsp cayenne
  • 2 tbsp salt
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1.5 cups buttermilk
  • 8 cups vegetable oil (for frying)

Cheddar Chive Waffles:
  • 1 serving favorite waffle mix (makes about 6 waffles)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tbsp chopped chives (plus more for garnish)
  • Maple syrup (for serving)

Instructions:
  1. Prepare Chicken: Salt the chicken and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
  2. Mix Dry Ingredients: In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, and salt.
  3. Mix Wet Ingredients: Beat the egg in a separate bowl, add buttermilk, and mix well.
  4. Dredge Chicken: Coat the chicken in the flour mixture, then place on a rack. Add 4 tbsp of the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture to create chunks. Coat the chicken in the buttermilk mixture, then pat the chunky flour mixture onto the chicken.
  5. Chill Chicken: Refrigerate the coated chicken for at least 30 minutes, up to 12 hours.
  6. Prepare Waffles: Make the waffle batter according to box instructions, adding cheddar and chives. Cook waffles in a waffle maker and keep warm in the oven.
  7. Heat Oil: Heat oil in a fryer to 350°F.
  8. Fry Chicken: Fry chicken pieces until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes, turning frequently. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Keep oil at 350°F while frying.
  9. Serve: Sprinkle salt on the fried chicken. Serve hot with warm waffles, maple syrup, and additional chives for garnish.
This fried chicken and savory cheddar-chive waffles recipe sounds like the ultimate comfort food! Has anyone tried drizzling a bit of maple syrup over the top? That sweet and savory combo must be amazing! 🍗🧇🧀

Thank you for sharing your Fried Chicken & Savory Cheddar-Chive Waffles recipe! It's fantastic to see such creative twists on classic comfort foods. The combination of crispy fried chicken and savory waffles with cheddar and chive sounds absolutely mouthwatering. Your detailed instructions make it seem achievable for home cooks like myself, and I can't wait to give it a try. I can already imagine the delightful blend of flavors and textures. It's sure to be a hit at brunch or dinner gatherings! 🍗🧀🥞

Wow, that sounds like a flavor explosion! Gonna have to try that out soon! Thanks for the mouthwatering suggestion! 🍗🧇👌

Thank you for sharing your Fried Chicken & Savory Cheddar-Chive Waffles recipe! It's fantastic to see such creative twists on classic comfort foods. The combination of crispy fried chicken and savory waffles with cheddar and chive sounds absolutely mouthwatering. Your detailed instructions make it seem achievable for home cooks like myself, and I can't wait to give it a try. I can already imagine the delightful blend of flavors and textures. It's sure to be a hit at brunch or dinner gatherings! 🍗🧀🥞

Hey, glad you dig the Fried Chicken & Cheddar-Chive Waffles recipe! 😄 Totally pumped for you to give it a go—get ready for a flavor explosion! Thanks a bunch for the love and for giving it a shot! 🙌🍗

Back