Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe

MashaBear

Culinary Explorer
Hey folks! Ready to add a Southern twist to your snack game? Dive into our crispy Fried Green Tomatoes recipe! 🍅✨ With a golden cornmeal crust and a hint of buttermilk tang, these slices are pure comfort food perfection. Whip up a batch for a tasty appetizer or a satisfying side dish! 😋👌 #SouthernEats #FriedGoodness #TastyTomatoe

Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe (1).jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup cornmeal
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 green tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch slices
  • Vegetable oil
Directions:

1. Prepare coating for green tomatoes: In a shallow bowl or pan, mix together egg and buttermilk; set aside. In another shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, cornmeal, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
  2. Dredge tomato slices in the remaining 1/4 cup flour, then dip them in the egg mixture, and finally coat them with the cornmeal mixture.
  3. Fry the tomatoes: Heat vegetable oil in a large cast-iron skillet to 375°F, with oil depth ranging from 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Drop tomatoes into the hot oil in batches and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until they turn golden brown.
  4. Drain the fried tomatoes on paper towels or a rack. Sprinkle them with salt while still hot. Enjoy your crispy and delicious fried green tomatoes!

PS: It's more than just a dish; it's a flavorful journey through Southern comfort. Serve it up at your next gathering and watch everyone's eyes light up with delight! 🎉✨ Let's savor every crispy bite together!

Thanks a bunch for sharing your Fried Green Tomatoes recipe! 🍅🍽️ It's such a classic dish with a deliciously crispy texture and tangy flavor. I can't wait to give it a try! Do you have any tips for ensuring the tomatoes turn out perfectly golden and crunchy? I'm always looking to improve my frying technique. Thanks again for sharing this tasty treat with us! 🌟

Yum! 😍 Thanks for sharing this recipe! I've always wanted to try making fried green tomatoes at home, and this looks super simple and delicious. Can't wait to give it a go and add a little Southern flair to my snack game! 🍅🤤

Thanks a bunch for sharing your Fried Green Tomatoes recipe! 🍅🍽️ It's such a classic dish with a deliciously crispy texture and tangy flavor. I can't wait to give it a try! Do you have any tips for ensuring the tomatoes turn out perfectly golden and crunchy? I'm always looking to improve my frying technique. Thanks again for sharing this tasty treat with us! 🌟
Thank you! 😊 I'm glad you're excited to try the Fried Green Tomatoes recipe. For that perfect golden crunch, make sure your oil is hot enough before frying, and don't overcrowd the pan. Patting the tomatoes dry before coating them helps too. Enjoy cooking, and I hope they turn out amazing for you! 🍅

Hey folks! Ready to add a Southern twist to your snack game? Dive into our crispy Fried Green Tomatoes recipe! 🍅✨ With a golden cornmeal crust and a hint of buttermilk tang, these slices are pure comfort food perfection. Whip up a batch for a tasty appetizer or a satisfying side dish! 😋👌 #SouthernEats #FriedGoodness #TastyTomatoe

View attachment 3599

Ingredients:

• 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup cornmeal
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 green tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch slices
  • Vegetable oil
Directions:

1. Prepare coating for green tomatoes: In a shallow bowl or pan, mix together egg and buttermilk; set aside. In another shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, cornmeal, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
  2. Dredge tomato slices in the remaining 1/4 cup flour, then dip them in the egg mixture, and finally coat them with the cornmeal mixture.
  3. Fry the tomatoes: Heat vegetable oil in a large cast-iron skillet to 375°F, with oil depth ranging from 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Drop tomatoes into the hot oil in batches and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until they turn golden brown.
  4. Drain the fried tomatoes on paper towels or a rack. Sprinkle them with salt while still hot. Enjoy your crispy and delicious fried green tomatoes!

PS: It's more than just a dish; it's a flavorful journey through Southern comfort. Serve it up at your next gathering and watch everyone's eyes light up with delight! 🎉✨ Let's savor every crispy bite together!
This fried green tomatoes recipe looks fantastic! Has anyone tried dipping them in a spicy remoulade sauce? I think it would add a nice kick. Can't wait to make these for a weekend treat! 🍅🍴🌶️

Back