Gingery Ground Beef (Soboro Donburi)

Kerful13

Novice Foodie
Want a quick beef recipe? Try Gingery Ground Beef (Soboro Donburi)! It has only five ingredients, perfect for busy people like us! By the way, Soboro Donburi is a comforting Japanese dish featuring sweet and savory seasoned ground beef served over rice. Here's a Gingery Ground Beef (Soboro Donburi) recipe for you:

Ginger-Ground-Beef-9.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
  • 1 lb (450g) ground beef
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
  • 2 tablespoons sake (or dry white wine)
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • Cooked white rice, for serving
  • Thinly sliced green onions (scallions), for garnish
  • Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Instructions:
  1. Prepare Ingredients:
    • Finely chop the onion, mince the garlic, and grate the ginger.
  2. Cooking the Beef:
    • Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
    • Add chopped onions and cook until softened and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
    • Add minced garlic and grated ginger, stir for another 1 minute until fragrant.
    • Add ground beef to the skillet. Break it up with a spatula and cook until browned and no longer pink.
  3. Seasoning the Beef:
    • In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar, and sesame oil.
    • Pour the sauce over the cooked ground beef. Stir well to combine.
    • Continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes until the beef is coated and the sauce has slightly thickened.
  4. Add Eggs:
    • Push the beef mixture to one side of the skillet to create space.
    • Pour the beaten eggs into the cleared space. Let them cook slightly, then gently scramble until they are just set.
  5. Assembly:
    • To serve, scoop cooked rice into individual serving bowls.
    • Top each bowl of rice with a generous portion of the gingery ground beef and egg mixture.
  6. Garnish and Serve:
    • Garnish each bowl with thinly sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds for added flavor and texture.
  7. Enjoy:
    • Serve the Gingery Ground Beef (Soboro Donburi) hot and enjoy this delicious, comforting dish!
Tips:
  • Adjust the sweetness and saltiness of the dish by altering the amount of sugar and soy sauce according to your taste preference.
  • Feel free to add more vegetables like steamed or stir-fried greens (such as spinach or bok choy) as a side dish to complement the meal.
This Gingery Ground Beef (Soboro Donburi) recipe is perfect for a quick and satisfying meal, especially when served with a bowl of steamed rice. Enjoy!

Whoa! Only 5 ingredients? That's my kind of recipe for busy weeknights :LOL: Love the idea of the sweet and savory ground beef over rice ..it sounds super comforting 🥰

Thanks for sharing this recipe, gotta try it soon! Maybe I'll add some steamed broccoli on the side for some extra veggies 😋

Thanks for sharing your Gingery Ground Beef (Soboro Donburi) recipe! 🍚🥢 It sounds like a flavorful and comforting dish that's perfect for a quick and satisfying meal. Can't wait to try making it at home and enjoy those delicious Asian-inspired flavors.

Thanks for sharing your Gingery Ground Beef (Soboro Donburi) recipe! 🍚🥢 It sounds like a flavorful and comforting dish that's perfect for a quick and satisfying meal. Can't wait to try making it at home and enjoy those delicious Asian-inspired flavors.
Oh, I love Soboro Donburi! 😍 It's such a comforting dish. Using gingery ground beef sounds like a delicious twist. Though, I wonder if I could make it a bit spicier by adding some chili flakes or Sriracha sauce. What's your spice level preference? 🌶️

Back