Gluten Free Cake Recipe

Kitty

Culinary Explorer
Be guilt free!
Gluten Free Cake Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup gluten-free flour blend (make sure it includes xanthan gum, or add 1/2 teaspoon if not included)
  • 1/2 cup almond flour
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (or melted coconut oil for dairy-free option)
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or dairy-free yogurt for dairy-free option)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup hot coffee or hot water

Instructions:​

1. Preheat Oven and Prepare Pan:
    • Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line an 8-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
  2. Mix Dry Ingredients:
    • In a mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour blend, almond flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
  3. Combine Wet Ingredients:
    • In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter (or coconut oil), Greek yogurt (or dairy-free yogurt), eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
  4. Combine Mixtures:
    • Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth and well combined. The batter will be thick.
  5. Add Coffee (or Water):
    • Gradually add the hot coffee or hot water to the batter, stirring until the batter becomes thinner and smooth. This helps bring out the chocolate flavor.
  6. Bake:
    • Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
  8. Cool and Serve:
    • Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
  9. Frosting (Optional):
    • You can frost the cake with your favorite gluten-free frosting, such as chocolate ganache, cream cheese frosting (using a gluten-free cream cheese), or a simple dusting of powdered sugar.
Enjoy this delicious gluten-free chocolate cake as a treat for any occasion!

Wow, this gluten-free cake looks amazing! I love that you’ve made it accessible for everyone. Can’t wait to try this recipe—any tips for making it super moist? 😍

This Gluten-Free Cake recipe looks fantastic! 🍰💫 I love how it uses almond flour for a rich texture without gluten. Can't wait to try baking this for my next celebration! Thanks for sharing such a delicious-looking treat!

This gluten-free cake recipe is a game-changer! I love how you can enjoy a delicious cake without compromising on texture or flavor. Can’t wait to give this a try for my next family gathering! 🎂🎉

Back