Healthified Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Idris

Culinary Explorer
Hello friends, I want to share with you this Healthified Broccoli Cheddar Soup. My mom loves this creamy and nutritious soup, and I'm sure that you guys will love this too.

768×677
83.7 kB

Broccoli Cheddar Soup.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 cups broccoli florets (about 2 medium heads)
  • 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (reduced-fat, if desired)
  • Optional toppings: additional shredded cheddar cheese, chopped chives, or croutons
Instructions:

1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
  2. Add the minced garlic to the pot and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
  3. Stir in the broccoli florets and cook for another 2-3 minutes, allowing them to slightly soften.
  4. Pour the vegetable broth into the pot and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
  5. Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy. If using a regular blender, work in batches and be careful when blending hot liquids.
  6. Return the pureed soup to the pot and stir in the almond milk (or milk of your choice) and dried thyme. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, adjusting the seasoning as needed.
  7. Cook the soup for an additional 5 minutes over low heat, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  8. Gradually stir in the shredded sharp cheddar cheese until melted and well incorporated into the soup.
  9. Once the cheese is melted and the soup is heated through, remove the pot from the heat.
  10. Ladle the Healthified Broccoli Cheddar Soup into bowls and garnish with additional shredded cheddar cheese, chopped chives, or croutons, if desired.
  11. Serve the soup hot and enjoy the creamy, cheesy goodness with every spoonful!
Enjoy!

Yum! Broccoli cheddar is the ultimate comfort food, but this healthy twist sounds amazing! :love: Love that you used almond milk and lighter cheese ..

Perfect for those days you want something cozy but don't wanna go overboard. Thanks for sharing this recipe, gotta try it out ASAP! 🫠

Yum! Broccoli cheddar is the ultimate comfort food, but this healthy twist sounds amazing! :love: Love that you used almond milk and lighter cheese ..

Perfect for those days you want something cozy but don't wanna go overboard. Thanks for sharing this recipe, gotta try it out ASAP! 🫠
Yes, it's perfect, right?😄 I'm happy that you're excited to try this recipe. Enjoy👌

Back