Healthy Cinnamon Sugar Donut✨

Peachy

Culinary Explorer
Hey there! So, guess what I discovered recently? If you're like me, craving something sweet but still aiming for healthy options, then these baked cinnamon sugar donuts are for you!

cinnamon sugar donuts.jpg
Ingredients:

• 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup almond milk (or any milk of choice)
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or oil of choice)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
  • 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or butter)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease a donut pan.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, almond milk, egg, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract until well combined.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
  5. Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan, filling each cavity about 2/3 full.
  6. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the donuts are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  7. While the donuts are baking, prepare the topping by mixing together the coconut sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
  8. Once the donuts are done baking, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
  9. While the donuts are still warm, brush them with melted coconut oil (or butter) and then dip them into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat evenly.
  10. Serve the healthy cinnamon sugar donuts warm or at room temperature. Enjoy guilt-free!
I hope you love these healthy baked cinnamon sugar donuts as much as I do! They're perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without the guilt. Let me know if you give them a try! 🍩

These baked cinnamon sugar donuts are a game-changer! Perfect for satisfying those sweet cravings while keeping it healthy. Giving these a try soon! 🍩

A Healthy Cinnamon Sugar Donut? Count me in! ✨🍩 It's like getting to enjoy all the cozy flavors of a classic donut without the guilt. I'm loving the idea of indulging in something sweet and satisfying while still keeping it wholesome. Can't wait to whip up a batch of these delightful treats! Thanks for sharing the recipe! 😋

Back