Healthy Veggie Nuggets

wolfgang

Culinary Explorer
Are you ready to sneak some extra veggies into your meals? These healthy veggie nuggets are not only delicious but also packed with nutritious goodness! 😋🥦🌽

Ingredients:

• 2 cups mixed vegetables (such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and peas), finely chopped
  • 1 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice
  • 1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
  • 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooking spray
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the finely chopped mixed vegetables, cooked quinoa or brown rice, grated cheese (if using), breadcrumbs, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
  3. Using your hands, shape the mixture into small nugget-sized patties and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
  4. Lightly spray the tops of the veggie nuggets with cooking spray to help them brown in the oven.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the nuggets are golden brown and crispy on the outside, flipping halfway through.
  6. Once cooked, remove the veggie nuggets from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
  7. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy the deliciousness!
These healthy veggie nuggets are perfect for snacking, meal prepping, or serving as a fun and nutritious appetizer. Plus, they're a great way to get picky eaters to eat their veggies without even realizing it! 🙌 Let me know if you give this recipe a try and what you think!

Veggie Nuggets.jpg

nuggets are always a favorite by kids and what a great way to let them eat veggies with it. thanks for sharing this one!

I never thought I'd enjoy veggie nuggets this much! They're so satisfying and flavorful, I don't even miss the meat. I really love this recipe.

Back