Heart-Shaped Whole-Wheat Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce 🍓💕

Kiriya Ubuyashiki

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! ❤️ Yesterday morning, I whipped up some adorable heart-shaped pancakes, and let me tell you, they were a hit! These whole-wheat pancakes are not just healthy but also super tasty. Topped with a fresh strawberry sauce, they make breakfast feel like a special occasion, whether it’s for Valentine’s Day or just a fun Saturday morning. I can’t wait for you to try them!

Heart-Shaped Whole-Wheat Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce.jpeg
Ingredients:
  • Âľ cup all-purpose flour
  • Âľ cup whole-wheat flour
  • 1½ teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ÂĽ teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
  • ½ cup non-fat milk
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • ÂĽ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Strawberry sauce (recipe below)
  • Confectioners' sugar (optional)

Strawberry Sauce:
  • 16 ounces strawberries (fresh or unsweetened frozen, thawed)
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup

Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 200°F (95°C) to keep those pancakes warm. Also, heat up a large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-low heat.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. In another bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, non-fat milk, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth.
  4. Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry mix, just enough to combine them. Don’t worry if it’s a little lumpy—that’s perfect!
  5. Use a â…“ cup measuring cup to pour the batter onto your heated griddle. Once you see bubbles forming on top and the bottom is golden brown, flip them! Cook until both sides are nice and golden. Keep them warm on an oven-safe plate in the oven while you finish the batch.
  6. When all the pancakes are done, grab a heart-shaped cookie cutter and cut them into cute heart shapes.
  7. For the strawberry sauce, blend the strawberries into a chunky puree. Heat them in a small saucepan over low heat until warm. Stir in the lemon juice and maple syrup.
  8. To serve, ladle about â…“ cup of strawberry sauce on each plate, add your heart-shaped pancakes on top, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if you like.

These pancakes are not only delicious but also a fun way to start your day. Enjoy every bite! 🍓💕

I've made this recipe many times and its a hit! Today, we tried to be a little different and it was hugely successful. ❤️

Back