Herbed Broccoli Mashed Potatoes

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
Hello everyone! Get ready for a flavor fiesta with these Herbed Broccoli Mashed Potatoes! ๐Ÿฅ”๐Ÿฅฆ Creamy, dreamy, and oh-so-delicious, this mash-up of Yukon gold potatoes and tender broccoli is sure to steal the show at your dinner table. Add in some buttery goodness and a sprinkle of fresh herbs, and you've got yourself a winning side dish that'll have everyone coming back for seconds!

Herbed Broccoli Mashed Potatoes

Herbed Broccoli Mashed Potatoes (1).jpg

Ingredients:

Broccoli:

• 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets
  • Pinch of Kosher salt
Mashed Potatoes:

• 2 pounds of Idaho or Yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup of whole milk
  • 1 stick (8 tablespoons) of unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives
  • 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill
  • 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
Directions:

1. In a medium pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook until tender, approximately 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
  2. For the mashed potatoes, place the unpeeled potatoes in a medium pot. Cover them with cold water and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Bring to a simmer and cook the potatoes, uncovered, until tender, about 45 minutes. Drain the potatoes.
  3. Peel the cooked potatoes and return them to the pot. You can pass them through a ricer or food mill if desired. Add the cooked broccoli to the pot with the potatoes.
  4. Mash the potatoes and broccoli together with the milk and butter using a fork or potato masher until creamy. Stir in the chopped chives, dill, parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy your flavorful herbed broccoli mashed potatoes!

Wow, your recipe for herbed broccoli mashed potatoes sounds delightful! ๐Ÿฅ”๐Ÿฅฆ I love how you've combined two classic comfort foods into one delicious dish. Adding broccoli and herbs not only boosts the flavor but also adds a nutritious twist. Can't wait to give this a try at homeโ€”I bet it's perfect for cozy family dinners or even a special side for a holiday meal! Thanks for sharing your tasty creation with us! ๐ŸŒŸ

Wow, your recipe for herbed broccoli mashed potatoes sounds delightful! ๐Ÿฅ”๐Ÿฅฆ I love how you've combined two classic comfort foods into one delicious dish. Adding broccoli and herbs not only boosts the flavor but also adds a nutritious twist. Can't wait to give this a try at homeโ€”I bet it's perfect for cozy family dinners or even a special side for a holiday meal! Thanks for sharing your tasty creation with us! ๐ŸŒŸ
Thank you so much for your kind words! ๐Ÿฅฐ I'm thrilled that you're excited to try my herbed broccoli mashed potatoes recipe. ๐Ÿฅ”๐Ÿฅฆ It's definitely a family favorite in our house! I agree, it's perfect for adding a nutritious twist to cozy dinners or holiday meals. Let me know how it turns out for youโ€”I hope you love it as much as we do!

Back