Homemade Breakfast Sausage

SilentSeeker

Culinary Explorer

My first attempt at this homemade sausage recipe was a hit with my family, so I'm excited to share it with all of you! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Ingredients
bfast sausage.jpg

• 1 tablespoon brown sugar

• 2 teaspoons dried sage

• 2 teaspoons salt

• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper

• ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram

• ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

• 1 pinch ground cloves

• 2 pounds ground pork

Directions​

1. Gather all ingredients.

2. Mix together brown sugar, sage, salt, black pepper, marjoram, red pepper flakes, and cloves in a small bowl until well combined.

3. Place pork in a large bowl. Add spice mixture and mix with your hands until well combined. Form mixture into 6 patties.

4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and saute until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).

5. Serve hot and enjoy!

That's fantastic to hear! Homemade sausage sounds delicious.😋 Thank you for sharing your recipe! I will definitely try it out!

Homemade breakfast sausage? Yum! Sounds like the perfect way to start the day. Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe!

My first attempt at this homemade sausage recipe was a hit with my family, so I'm excited to share it with all of you! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

IngredientsView attachment 826

• 1 tablespoon brown sugar

• 2 teaspoons dried sage

• 2 teaspoons salt

• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper

• ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram

• ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

• 1 pinch ground cloves

• 2 pounds ground pork

Directions​

1. Gather all ingredients.

2. Mix together brown sugar, sage, salt, black pepper, marjoram, red pepper flakes, and cloves in a small bowl until well combined.

3. Place pork in a large bowl. Add spice mixture and mix with your hands until well combined. Form mixture into 6 patties.

4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and saute until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).

5. Serve hot and enjoy!
Sounds like a cozy breakfast idea! 🍳🥓 I think adding a pinch of sage and a dash of maple syrup to the sausage mixture could give it a nice savory-sweet balance, though.

Congrats on your successful first attempt with the homemade sausage recipe! t's always satisfying when a new recipe turns out well, especially when it's a hit with the family. Thanks for sharing, can't wait to give it a try!

Back