Homemade Granola Bars

Klaire_Desteen

Culinary Explorer
After experimenting with granola recipes for a while now, I'm excited to share my favorite homemade granola bar recipe with you all. Packed with wholesome ingredients, these bars are perfect for a quick and satisfying snack on the go.

Homemade Granola Bars.jpg
Ingredients:​

• 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup nuts or seeds (such as almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds), chopped
  • 1/2 cup dried fruit (such as raisins, cranberries, or chopped apricots)
  • 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup nut butter (such as peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower seed butter)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Optional add-ins: chocolate chips, coconut flakes, chia seeds, flaxseeds, cinnamon

Instructions:​

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, chopped nuts or seeds, and dried fruit.
  3. In a small saucepan, warm the honey or maple syrup, nut butter, vanilla extract, and salt over low heat until well combined and smooth.
  4. Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients in the bowl and stir until everything is evenly coated.
  5. If using any optional add-ins, fold them into the mixture at this point.
  6. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and use a spatula or your hands to press it down firmly and evenly.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
  8. Allow the granola bars to cool completely in the baking dish before using the parchment paper to lift them out and transfer them to a cutting board.
  9. Use a sharp knife to cut the cooled granola slab into bars of your desired size and shape.
  10. Store the homemade granola bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week, or in the refrigerator for longer freshness.
I've been baking granola for a while now, and these homemade granola bars are a winner in my book. They're customizable, nutritious, and perfect for satisfying your snack cravings anytime, anywhere.

These homemade granola bars are a game-changer! I love that you can tailor them to your own taste preferences with different nuts, seeds, and dried fruits. And the best part? They're perfect for meal prep – I can make a batch on Sunday and have snacks for the whole week. Such a lifesaver for busy weekdays!

Oh, awesome! 🌟🍫 I've been meaning to make some Homemade Granola Bars, and your recipe looks absolutely delicious! Thanks a bunch for sharing, can't wait to whip up a batch and enjoy these wholesome treats! 🥰🎉

Back