Insanely Good Chorizo & Manchego Cheese Chilaquiles

fluffyiyoyo

Culinary Explorer
Alright, brunch fanatics, listen up! 🤗 We're about to take your taste buds on a little trip south of the border with this chorizo and manchego cheese chilaquiles recipe. If you've never had chilaquiles before, get ready for a flavor explosion that'll have you questioning why you've been sleeping on this Mexican breakfast or brunch dish for so long 😉
Chorizo_Manchego_Cheese_Chilaquiles.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 8 corn tortillas, cut into quarters
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 lb Mexican chorizo, casing removed
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tsp chipotle chili powder (or regular chili powder if you can't handle the heat)
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup shredded manchego cheese
  • Diced avocado, crumbled queso fresco, and chopped cilantro for serving
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
  2. Spread the tortilla quarters out on a baking sheet and bake them for 5-7 minutes, or until they're lightly crispy. Set them aside for now.
  3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook it until it's browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes.
  4. Toss in the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent and everything smells incredible.
  5. Pour in the diced tomatoes (with their juices), chicken broth, chipotle chili powder, and cumin. Give it a good stir and let the whole thing simmer for 10 minutes or so to allow the flavors to meld.
  6. Add the crispy tortilla quarters to the skillet and toss them with the chorizo-tomato mixture until they're evenly coated and starting to soften up.
  7. Sprinkle that glorious manchego cheese over the top and let it melt into the chilaquiles for a minute or two.
  8. Remove the skillet from the heat and scoop those cheesy, saucy, chorizo-loaded chilaquiles into bowls.
  9. Top them with diced avocado, crumbled queso fresco, and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
There you have it, my friends.. Have a taste of Mexico that'll seriously upgrade your brunch game! 🥰😋

Thank you for sharing your recipe for Insanely Good Chorizo & Manchego Cheese Chilaquiles! 🌶️🧀 Chilaquiles are always a crowd-pleaser, and your combination of spicy chorizo and flavorful Manchego cheese sounds absolutely delicious. I appreciate the detailed instructions you've provided, making it easy for anyone to recreate this mouthwatering dish at home. I can't wait to give it a try and savor the bold flavors and satisfying crunch of homemade chilaquiles. It's sure to be a hit at my next brunch gathering! 🍳🥑

Hello! Chorizo and Manchego cheese are a match made in heaven! Though I think making chilaquiles can be a bit labor-intensive, it's totally worth it for the delicious end result. Don't forget to garnish with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime for brightness! 🌮🍋

Alright, brunch fanatics, listen up! 🤗 We're about to take your taste buds on a little trip south of the border with this chorizo and manchego cheese chilaquiles recipe. If you've never had chilaquiles before, get ready for a flavor explosion that'll have you questioning why you've been sleeping on this Mexican breakfast or brunch dish for so long 😉View attachment 3484

Ingredients:
  • 8 corn tortillas, cut into quarters
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 lb Mexican chorizo, casing removed
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tsp chipotle chili powder (or regular chili powder if you can't handle the heat)
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup shredded manchego cheese
  • Diced avocado, crumbled queso fresco, and chopped cilantro for serving
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
  2. Spread the tortilla quarters out on a baking sheet and bake them for 5-7 minutes, or until they're lightly crispy. Set them aside for now.
  3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook it until it's browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes.
  4. Toss in the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent and everything smells incredible.
  5. Pour in the diced tomatoes (with their juices), chicken broth, chipotle chili powder, and cumin. Give it a good stir and let the whole thing simmer for 10 minutes or so to allow the flavors to meld.
  6. Add the crispy tortilla quarters to the skillet and toss them with the chorizo-tomato mixture until they're evenly coated and starting to soften up.
  7. Sprinkle that glorious manchego cheese over the top and let it melt into the chilaquiles for a minute or two.
  8. Remove the skillet from the heat and scoop those cheesy, saucy, chorizo-loaded chilaquiles into bowls.
  9. Top them with diced avocado, crumbled queso fresco, and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
There you have it, my friends.. Have a taste of Mexico that'll seriously upgrade your brunch game! 🥰😋
These chorizo and Manchego cheese chilaquiles sound insanely good indeed! Has anyone tried adding a fried egg on top? I bet it takes it to the next level. Can't wait to make this for brunch! 🌶️🧀🍳

Back