Jaclyn's Favorite Shepherd's Pie

MylaPeek

Culinary Explorer
What's up folks! Check out this cozy and comforting Shepherd's Pie recipe, inspired by Jaclyn's favorite! 🥧🍲 Perfect for chilly nights, it's loaded with savory Wagyu beef, veggies, and creamy mashed potatoes - a true crowd-pleaser! 😋🥔 Don't forget to add your personal twist and make it your own! #comfortfood #homecooking

Jaclyn's Favorite Shepherd's Pie

Jaclyn's Favorite Shepherd's Pie (1).jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
  • 1 rib celery, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lb. Wilders ground Wagyu beef
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup brown gravy
  • 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
  • 3 cups mashed potatoes
  • Salt
  • Pepper
Instructions:

1. Start by prepping the mashed potatoes. While the potatoes boil, begin preparing the filling.Click here for Jaclyn's favorite mashed potato recipe from The Cozy Cook
  2. Preheat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add diced onions and celery, sauté for 3 minutes. Then, add minced garlic and stir for 1 minute.
  3. Increase heat to high. Add ground beef and brown. Drain excess grease from the pan.
  4. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add flour and mix with the beef.
  5. Stir in tomato paste and dried thyme, cook for 1-2 minutes.
  6. Pour in chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Scrape off all the brown bits to enhance flavor.
  7. Add half of the brown gravy and toss in the frozen veggies until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
  8. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Remove from heat.
ASSEMBLE & BAKE:

1. Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan or 7 x 11 casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes on top.
  2. Use a fork to create decorative lines on top of the potatoes.
  3. Broil on high at 550 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
  4. Remove from heat and enjoy!

PS: I hope you all enjoy making this Shepherd's Pie as much as I do! 💕 It's been a hit in my household for years - there's just something so satisfying about that hearty filling topped with creamy mashed potatoes. Let me know how yours turns out! Happy cooking!

Jaclyn's favorite shepherd's pie? 🥧 A comforting dish featuring savory ground meat and vegetables topped with creamy mashed potatoes, baked until golden and bubbly - a classic comfort food recipe that's sure to become a family favorite!

The combination of Wagyu beef and creamy mashed potatoes is making my mouth water. Can't wait to try this out for a cozy dinner. Have any of you added your own twist to this recipe? I'd love to hear some ideas! #comfortfood 🍲🥔

Jaclyn's favorite shepherd's pie? 🥧 A comforting dish featuring savory ground meat and vegetables topped with creamy mashed potatoes, baked until golden and bubbly - a classic comfort food recipe that's sure to become a family favorite!
Thanks for the lovely comment! I'm so glad you like the sound of Jaclyn's favorite shepherd's pie. It's definitely a classic comfort food that's perfect for any family dinner! 🥧

Back