Japanese Fluffy Pancakes Recipe

Kiriya Ubuyashiki

Culinary Explorer
If you love fluffy and light pancakes, this Japanese Fluffy Pancakes recipe is for you! These pancakes are super airy and melt in your mouth. Perfect for a special breakfast or brunch treat. Give it a try and enjoy the deliciousness! 🥰

japanese fluffy pancakes recipe.png

Equipment:
  • Electric griddle or non-stick pan
  • Bowl
  • Hand-mixer
Ingredients:
Meringue:
  • 1 tbsp sugar (20g)
  • 2 egg whites (70g)
Batter:
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tsp sugar (5g)
  • 2 tbsp whole milk (20g)
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil (neutral flavor) (10g)
  • 3 tbsp all-purpose flour (30g)
  • ⅓ tsp baking powder
  • A pinch of salt
  • A dash of vanilla paste or essence
Whipped Honey Butter:
  • 2 tbsp room temperature butter
  • 1 tbsp good quality honey
Directions:
  1. Preheat the electric griddle to 140°C.
  2. Whisk the room temperature butter and honey well to make the whipped honey butter. Set aside.
Batter:
3. Whisk the egg yolk and sugar until pale.
4. Add milk and vegetable oil in 2-3 stages, whisking well each time.
5. Sift together the flour and baking powder, then add to the yolk mixture. Whisk until sticky.
6. Add vanilla and salt. Set aside.

Meringue:
7. Whisk egg whites on low until they start to form.
8. Add sugar in 2 stages, whisking until the sugar dissolves.
9. Increase the speed to high and whisk until stiff peaks form.

Assemble:
10. Add a scoop of meringue to the batter and whisk until well combined (sacrifice meringue).
11. Add the rest of the meringue in 2 stages and mix gently with a whisk until just combined.
12. Switch to a spatula and fold the mixture a few times to ensure it's mixed thoroughly.
13. Grease the electric griddle and ladle the mixture onto it.
14. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.
15. Check if the pancakes bounce back when touched in the center to ensure they are cooked through.
16. Serve immediately with whipped honey butter and warm maple syrup.

Enjoy your delightful Japanese Fluffy Pancakes!

Japanese fluffy pancakes are such a treat! I remember the first time I made them, I was amazed at how light and airy they turned out. They really do melt in your mouth, and the whipped honey butter just takes them to another level. Perfect for a special breakfast or brunch, they always impress anyone I serve them to. Definitely worth giving a try if you love pancakes! 🥞✨

If you love fluffy and light pancakes, this Japanese Fluffy Pancakes recipe is for you! These pancakes are super airy and melt in your mouth. Perfect for a special breakfast or brunch treat. Give it a try and enjoy the deliciousness! 🥰

View attachment 4688
Equipment:
  • Electric griddle or non-stick pan
  • Bowl
  • Hand-mixer
Ingredients:
Meringue:
  • 1 tbsp sugar (20g)
  • 2 egg whites (70g)
Batter:
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tsp sugar (5g)
  • 2 tbsp whole milk (20g)
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil (neutral flavor) (10g)
  • 3 tbsp all-purpose flour (30g)
  • ⅓ tsp baking powder
  • A pinch of salt
  • A dash of vanilla paste or essence
Whipped Honey Butter:
  • 2 tbsp room temperature butter
  • 1 tbsp good quality honey
Directions:
  1. Preheat the electric griddle to 140°C.
  2. Whisk the room temperature butter and honey well to make the whipped honey butter. Set aside.
Batter:
3. Whisk the egg yolk and sugar until pale.
4. Add milk and vegetable oil in 2-3 stages, whisking well each time.
5. Sift together the flour and baking powder, then add to the yolk mixture. Whisk until sticky.
6. Add vanilla and salt. Set aside.

Meringue:
7. Whisk egg whites on low until they start to form.
8. Add sugar in 2 stages, whisking until the sugar dissolves.
9. Increase the speed to high and whisk until stiff peaks form.

Assemble:
10. Add a scoop of meringue to the batter and whisk until well combined (sacrifice meringue).
11. Add the rest of the meringue in 2 stages and mix gently with a whisk until just combined.
12. Switch to a spatula and fold the mixture a few times to ensure it's mixed thoroughly.
13. Grease the electric griddle and ladle the mixture onto it.
14. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.
15. Check if the pancakes bounce back when touched in the center to ensure they are cooked through.
16. Serve immediately with whipped honey butter and warm maple syrup.

Enjoy your delightful Japanese Fluffy Pancakes!
These look so fluffy and delicious! Can't wait to try making them this weekend! 🥞🍓

Japanese fluffy pancakes are such a treat! I remember the first time I made them, I was amazed at how light and airy they turned out. They really do melt in your mouth, and the whipped honey butter just takes them to another level. Perfect for a special breakfast or brunch, they always impress anyone I serve them to. Definitely worth giving a try if you love pancakes! 🥞✨
Totally agree! 🙌 Japanese fluffy pancakes are a game changer – so light and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Thanks for sharing this gem; they always wow everyone who tries them! 🥞✨

: How do you get the pancakes so fluffy? I'm curious because I've never tried making them this airy before!
Hey! For super fluffy pancakes, make sure to beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold them in gently. It’s the secret to that dreamy, airy texture! 🙌🥞 Thanks for asking and glad you’re curious! 😊

Back