Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

jannababe

Culinary Explorer
lemon-poppy-seed-muffins-recipe-8-scaled.jpg

I recently made these Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, and they turned out so good! The bright lemon flavor with the subtle crunch of poppy seeds is just perfect. These muffins are light, moist, and have the right balance of sweet and tangy.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons lemon zest
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
  2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
  4. Stir in the yogurt, milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
  6. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
  7. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  8. Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These muffins are perfect for breakfast or a snack with a cup of tea. They’re light, fluffy, and the lemon flavor really shines through. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did! 🍋🧁

Hello all! Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins sound delightful! I think adding a glaze on top would be a nice touch, though. 🍋🧁

These Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins look absolutely scrumptious! 🍋🧁 Love the zesty lemon and crunchy poppy seeds combo. Can’t wait to bake these and enjoy a burst of flavor! Thanks for the recipe! 😍

Back