Lime Chicken Chili

metro_boomin

Novice Foodie
Heyyy everyone! I've been wanting to combine chicken and chili in one meal and here is the output :) This dish is named Lime Chicken Chili 🥰 I have difficulties learning and preparing this but my mother helped me so the detailed ingredients and instructions are as follows:
Lime Chicken.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into small pieces
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for extra heat)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup frozen corn kernels
  • Juice and zest of 2 limes
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Instructions:
  1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced chicken breasts and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
  2. In the same pot, add the diced onion, minced garlic, and diced jalapeños. Sauté until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in the ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, dried oregano, cayenne pepper (if using), salt, and pepper. Cook for another minute until the spices are fragrant.
  4. Add the chicken broth to the pot, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
  5. Once simmering, add the cooked chicken back to the pot along with the drained and rinsed white beans and frozen corn kernels. Stir to combine.
  6. Let the chili simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flavors meld together and the chili thickens slightly.
  7. Stir in the lime juice and zest, as well as the chopped fresh cilantro. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
  8. Serve the Lime Chicken Chili hot, topped with optional toppings like sliced avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, and chopped green onions.
Do not forget to add the most important ingredient which is Love

Wow, your Lime Chicken Chili recipe sounds amazing! The combination of flavors seems so delicious. I can't wait to give it a try myself! 🧑‍🍳👌

Back