Liz's Candied Walnuts Recipe

eihra520

Culinary Explorer
Oh man, you guys are in for a real treat with these candied walnuts! 🌰 My friend Liz brought them to our girls' night last week, and we almost fought over the last few pieces 😂 They're dangerously delicious tbvh!! Sweet, spicy, crunchy, and you just can't stop snacking on them!

Candied_Walnuts.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups walnut halves
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tbsp water

Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg white and water until frothy. Toss in the walnut halves and stir to coat them evenly with the egg mixture.
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt.
  4. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the walnuts and toss well to get them all coated with the spicy-sweet goodness.
  5. Spread the candied walnuts out in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet.
  6. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring and flipping them with a spatula every 10 minutes or so.
  7. Once deep golden brown and glistening, remove from the oven and let cool completely. They'll crisp up even more as they cool.
  8. Try not to devour them all immediately! These crunchy nuggets are irresistibly good - the perfect combo of sweet heat and nutty flavors.
You'll definitely want to make a double batch of these candied walnuts if you're taking them to share. They make an insanely tasty snack for movie nights, game days, or just regular ole munching 😉 Thanks for the recipe, Liz! 😘

Liz's recipe for Candied Walnuts seems like a potentially addicting treat! A taste explosion is just waiting to happen when earthy walnuts, fiery cayenne, and sweet sugar are combined. Its crunchy texture must be really pleasurable as well. If they survive long enough to not get gobbled up, I can easily picture myself snacking on them at a movie night or during a party! Liz, I appreciate you sharing the recipe! 🌰🔥😋

Ooh, Liz's Candied Walnuts recipe looks like the perfect sweet treat! 🍬🥜 Can't wait to whip up a batch for snacking during movie night! Thanks for sharing, Liz

Liz's candied walnuts recipe? 🍬🥜 A delightful treat made by coating walnuts in a sweet and crunchy caramelized sugar mixture - perfect for snacking, topping salads or desserts, or giving as a homemade gift!

Back