Mexican Brunch Huevos Rancheros

cheffyyow

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, brunch fans! 👋 If you've never had the pleasure of digging into a big plate of huevos rancheros, you're seriously missing out 😁 My Auntie made these for us last time I visited, and they blew my mind with all those amazing Mexican flavors 🫨😋 Let me share with you guys!!

Huevos_Rancheros.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 8 eggs
  • 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
  • 1 cup ranchero sauce or salsa (the spicier the better!)
  • 4 corn tortillas
  • 1 avocado, sliced
  • 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta
  • 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
  • Lime wedges for serving

Instructions:
  1. Start by warming up those tortillas so they're pliable. You can char them over a gas burner, wrap in foil and heat in the oven, or just zap them between damp paper towels in the microwave.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Carefully crack in the eggs and cook until the whites are set but the yolks are still nice and runny.
  3. While the eggs are cooking, warm up your ranchero sauce or salsa in a saucepan over low heat.
  4. Time to assemble! Place two tortillas on each plate and top with a couple eggs.
  5. Smother the eggs with a big spoonful of the warm ranchero sauce.
  6. Load it up with fresh avocado slices, crumbled queso fresco, and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
  7. Serve with lime wedges for an extra zing of bright citrusy flavor when you squeeze it on.

This dish for Mexican Brunch Huevos Rancheros seems like a fiesta full of flavor just waiting to happen! My taste senses are dancing with delight at the mix of creamy avocado, spicy ranchero sauce, runny eggs, and tart queso fresco. Furthermore, the lime wedges serve as the cherry on top, offering the ideal pop of freshness. I'm game for breakfast at any moment! 🍳🐑🌶️🧀🍋

Mmm, Mexican Brunch Huevos Rancheros? That's a fiesta on a plate! 🎉🍳 Can't wait to spice up my morning routine with this tasty twist. Thanks for the flavorful recipe share!

Back