🥛 Milk Tea Recipe🍵

Marich

Flavorful Connoisseur

Milk tea is one of my favorite drinks to enjoy during the summer. This beverage typically includes sweetened tea with milk and chewy tapioca balls, also known as boba, which happens to be my favorite part of milk tea. While I like bubble tea, I'm not a fan of the ones sold in teahouse chains because they contain too much sugar. The good thing is that you can easily make bubble tea at home! For this bubble tea recipe, all you need is tea, tapioca pearls, milk, and a sweetener. I hope you enjoy this recipe! ;)

milk tea recipe.jpg
Ingredients:

• 8 bags of black tea or 3 tablespoons loose-leaf black tea
  • 4 cups hot water
  • 3/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca pearls
  • Whole milk (or milk of choice) to serve
  • Simple syrup (or sweetener of choice) to serve
Instructions:
  1. Steep the black tea bags or loose-leaf tea in 4 cups of freshly boiled water. Let it cool completely.
  2. In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar. Heat over medium-high until boiling, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let it cool. Transfer to a jar.
  3. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add tapioca pearls and stir until they float to the top. Cook for another 5 minutes or until they reach desired softness. Rinse quickly with water and toss with a few tablespoons of simple syrup.
  4. Strain the cooled tea into a pitcher. Divide the cooked tapioca pearls among 4 glasses.
  5. Add ice cubes to each glass. Pour 1 cup of tea into each glass.
  6. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of milk and 1 1/2 tablespoons of simple syrup (adjust to taste) into each glass. Stir well.
  7. Offer additional milk and simple syrup for guests to adjust to their taste.
  8. Use large boba straws to enjoy the tapioca pearls. If unavailable, use spoons.
Notes:
  • Leftover simple syrup can be refrigerated for 3 to 4 weeks.
  • Experiment with different sugars or infuse the syrup with ginger slices for added flavor.
  • Leave the tea steeping longer for a stronger flavor if desired.
Enjoy your homemade milk tea with chewy tapioca pearls, perfect for a refreshing treat any time of day!🧋

I'd suggest experimenting with different types of black tea—some have more robust flavors than others. Also, try adjusting the sweetness level to find your sweet spot. My go-to is adding a touch of vanilla extract for an extra layer of flavor. Enjoy your tea-making adventures! 🍵✨

I'd suggest experimenting with different types of black tea—some have more robust flavors than others. Also, try adjusting the sweetness level to find your sweet spot. My go-to is adding a touch of vanilla extract for an extra layer of flavor. Enjoy your tea-making adventures! 🍵✨
Thanks for the awesome suggestions! I'm definitely going to try some different black teas and play around with the sweetness. Vanilla extract sounds like a game-changer! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see how it turns out! 🍵✨

Milk tea is one of my favorite drinks to enjoy during the summer. This beverage typically includes sweetened tea with milk and chewy tapioca balls, also known as boba, which happens to be my favorite part of milk tea. While I like bubble tea, I'm not a fan of the ones sold in teahouse chains because they contain too much sugar. The good thing is that you can easily make bubble tea at home! For this bubble tea recipe, all you need is tea, tapioca pearls, milk, and a sweetener. I hope you enjoy this recipe! ;)

View attachment 4479Ingredients:
  • 8 bags of black tea or 3 tablespoons loose-leaf black tea
  • 4 cups hot water
  • 3/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca pearls
  • Whole milk (or milk of choice) to serve
  • Simple syrup (or sweetener of choice) to serve
Instructions:
  1. Steep the black tea bags or loose-leaf tea in 4 cups of freshly boiled water. Let it cool completely.
  2. In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar. Heat over medium-high until boiling, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let it cool. Transfer to a jar.
  3. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add tapioca pearls and stir until they float to the top. Cook for another 5 minutes or until they reach desired softness. Rinse quickly with water and toss with a few tablespoons of simple syrup.
  4. Strain the cooled tea into a pitcher. Divide the cooked tapioca pearls among 4 glasses.
  5. Add ice cubes to each glass. Pour 1 cup of tea into each glass.
  6. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of milk and 1 1/2 tablespoons of simple syrup (adjust to taste) into each glass. Stir well.
  7. Offer additional milk and simple syrup for guests to adjust to their taste.
  8. Use large boba straws to enjoy the tapioca pearls. If unavailable, use spoons.
Notes:
  • Leftover simple syrup can be refrigerated for 3 to 4 weeks.
  • Experiment with different sugars or infuse the syrup with ginger slices for added flavor.
  • Leave the tea steeping longer for a stronger flavor if desired.
Enjoy your homemade milk tea with chewy tapioca pearls, perfect for a refreshing treat any time of day!🧋
I've been looking for a good milk tea recipe! Can't wait to try this one out—I'm a big fan of homemade drinks.

I've been looking for a good milk tea recipe! Can't wait to try this one out—I'm a big fan of homemade drinks.
Thanks for checking out my milk tea recipe! I’m so excited for you to try it—homemade drinks are the best, right? Let me know how it turns out, and feel free to tweak it to your taste! Cheers! 🍵🥛

Back