Nashville Hot Chicken Recipe

hoyeon

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I just tried making Nashville Hot Chicken at home and it turned out amazing! Thought I'd share the recipe here for anyone who wants to bring a little spicy Southern flavor to their kitchen. Trust me, it's worth the effort!

Ingredients:

• 8 chicken drumsticks or thighs
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 2 large eggs
  • 4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
For the Hot Sauce:

• 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 cup cayenne pepper (yes, it's a lot, but that's where the heat comes from!)
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Instructions:

1. Marinate the Chicken: In a large bowl, mix the buttermilk with 1 tablespoon of salt. Add the chicken pieces, making sure they're fully submerged. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
  2. Prepare the Coating: In a shallow dish, mix the flour, black pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. In another bowl, beat the eggs.
  3. Coat the Chicken: Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, letting any excess drip off. Dip each piece in the flour mixture, then into the beaten eggs, and back into the flour mixture, making sure they're well coated.
  4. Fry the Chicken: Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or deep fryer to 350°F (175°C). Fry the chicken in batches until golden brown and cooked through, about 15-18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to drain any excess oil.
  5. Make the Hot Sauce: While the chicken is frying, mix the melted butter with cayenne pepper, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper until well combined.
  6. Coat the Chicken: Once all the chicken is fried, brush each piece generously with the hot sauce. Be warned, it's spicy!
  7. Serve: Serve your Nashville Hot Chicken with pickles and white bread for an authentic experience. Enjoy!
    Nashville Hot Chicken Recipe.jpg
I hope you all love this recipe as much as I did! Let me know if you try it out and how it turns out. Happy cooking! 😊

this
Hey everyone! I just tried making Nashville Hot Chicken at home and it turned out amazing! Thought I'd share the recipe here for anyone who wants to bring a little spicy Southern flavor to their kitchen. Trust me, it's worth the effort!

Ingredients:

• 8 chicken drumsticks or thighs
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 2 large eggs
  • 4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
For the Hot Sauce:

• 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 cup cayenne pepper (yes, it's a lot, but that's where the heat comes from!)
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Instructions:

1. Marinate the Chicken: In a large bowl, mix the buttermilk with 1 tablespoon of salt. Add the chicken pieces, making sure they're fully submerged. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
  2. Prepare the Coating: In a shallow dish, mix the flour, black pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. In another bowl, beat the eggs.
  3. Coat the Chicken: Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, letting any excess drip off. Dip each piece in the flour mixture, then into the beaten eggs, and back into the flour mixture, making sure they're well coated.
  4. Fry the Chicken: Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or deep fryer to 350°F (175°C). Fry the chicken in batches until golden brown and cooked through, about 15-18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to drain any excess oil.
  5. Make the Hot Sauce: While the chicken is frying, mix the melted butter with cayenne pepper, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper until well combined.
  6. Coat the Chicken: Once all the chicken is fried, brush each piece generously with the hot sauce. Be warned, it's spicy!
  7. Serve: Serve your Nashville Hot Chicken with pickles and white bread for an authentic experience. Enjoy!View attachment 4926
I hope you all love this recipe as much as I did! Let me know if you try it out and how it turns out. Happy cooking! 😊

this will be definitely my next chicken recipe to follow. Thanks for sharing!

This Nashville Hot Chicken recipe is seriously making my taste buds dance! 🌶️🔥 I love the idea of that spicy kick—definitely adding this to my must-try list. Thanks for sharing the heat!

Back