Pork Carnitas

otterlyslick

Culinary Explorer
Pork-Carnitas-1000px.jpg

I recently tried this Pork Carnitas recipe, and it turned out so tender and flavorful that I just had to share it with you. The meat practically melts in your mouth, and the crispy edges add that perfect texture.

Ingredients:​

• 2 lbs pork shoulder, cut into chunks
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Juice of 1 orange
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil

Instructions:​

1. Season the Pork: In a large bowl, toss the pork chunks with cumin, oregano, chili powder, and salt.
  2. Cook the Pork: Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sear the pork on all sides until browned.
  3. Add Aromatics: Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pot, cooking until softened.
  4. Simmer: Pour in the orange juice and chicken broth, bringing the mixture to a simmer. Cover and cook on low heat for about 2 hours until the pork is tender.
  5. Crisp It Up: Once the pork is cooked, remove the lid and increase the heat to medium-high. Let the liquid evaporate, allowing the pork to crisp up in its own fat.
This recipe is a total winner—simple, yet packed with flavor. Serve it up with tortillas, in a bowl, or just eat it straight from the pot. Trust me, you’ll want to make this again! 😊

These Pork Carnitas look incredible! 😋 The crispy edges and tender meat are making my mouth water. Can’t wait to try this recipe—thanks for sharing! 🙌

This sounds amazing! I've been wanting to try making carnitas at home for a while now. Your recipe seems pretty straightforward and easy to follow. I love the idea of crisping up the pork at the end for that extra texture. I'm definitely going to give this a try soon. 😉👌😋🤩

Back