Potato And Leek Soup

Bubbles

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, fellow foodies! I'm excited to share one of my all-time favorite comfort food recipes with you today: potato and leek soup! Whether you're looking for something cozy on a chilly evening or a hearty meal to warm your soul, this soup has got you covered!

Ingredients:
  • 3 large leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced
  • 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 cup milk or cream
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional toppings: crispy bacon, shredded cheese, chopped chives
Instructions:
Potato And Leek Soup.jpg

1. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sliced leeks and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
  2. Add the diced potatoes to the pot and pour in the chicken or vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
  3. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can carefully transfer the soup to a blender in batches and blend until smooth, then return it to the pot.
  4. Stir in the milk or cream and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer for an additional 5 minutes to heat through.
  5. Serve hot, garnished with your favorite toppings such as crispy bacon, shredded cheese, or chopped chives.
It's simple to make, incredibly comforting, and always hits the spot. Happy cooking! 🥔🍲✨

Mmm, Potato and Leek Soup sounds so cozy and comforting! 🍲 Perfect for chilly evenings or whenever you need a hearty bowl of goodness. Can't wait to try this recipe out—I bet it's packed with flavor. Thanks for sharing!

Back