₍ᐢᐢ₎ Rabbit with Spätzle and Red cabbage ⊹˚. ♡

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
On a lazy day, I'm suddenly craving my grandma's Rabbit with Spätzle and Red Cabbage. So, I drag my pal Sarah into a cooking escapade. We hit up the local market, gabbing about our fave ingredients. As we cook, we're basically a comedy show in aprons. The end result? Pure yumminess that takes us back to fam times. Who knew cooking could be this much fun? 🍁🍽️

Ingredients:
rabbit.jpg

For the Rabbit:
  • 1 whole rabbit, cleaned and cut into serving pieces
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, chopped
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 cup dry white wine
  • 2 bay leaves
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley for garnish
For the Spätzle:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Red Cabbage:
  • 1 small head red cabbage, shredded
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  2. Season the rabbit pieces with salt and pepper.
  3. In a large ovenproof pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Brown the rabbit pieces on all sides until golden brown, then remove from the pot and set aside.
  4. In the same pot, add the chopped onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
  5. Return the rabbit pieces to the pot. Add the chicken or vegetable broth, white wine, and bay leaves. Cover and transfer to the preheated oven. Braise for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the rabbit is tender and easily falls off the bone.
  6. While the rabbit is cooking, prepare the spätzle. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs, milk, salt, and nutmeg until smooth. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
  7. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Using a spätzle maker or a colander with large holes, press the batter through into the boiling water. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the spätzle float to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
  8. For the red cabbage, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the shredded red cabbage and sliced apples. Cook until the cabbage begins to wilt, about 5-7 minutes.
  9. Stir in the red wine vinegar and brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender.
  10. To serve, arrange the rabbit pieces on a platter alongside the spätzle and red cabbage. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy your delicious Rabbit with Spätzle and Red Cabbage!
Get ready to blow your family and friends' taste buds away with this amazing recipe! 😋 You'll be the culinary hero of your household! Try it now!

On a lazy day, I'm suddenly craving my grandma's Rabbit with Spätzle and Red Cabbage. So, I drag my pal Sarah into a cooking escapade. We hit up the local market, gabbing about our fave ingredients. As we cook, we're basically a comedy show in aprons. The end result? Pure yumminess that takes us back to fam times. Who knew cooking could be this much fun? 🍁🍽️

Ingredients:

640×478
85 kB

View attachment 1837

For the Rabbit:
  • 1 whole rabbit, cleaned and cut into serving pieces
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, chopped
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 cup dry white wine
  • 2 bay leaves
  • Fresh parsley for garnish
For the Spätzle:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Red Cabbage:
  • 1 small head red cabbage, shredded
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  2. Season the rabbit pieces with salt and pepper.
  3. In a large ovenproof pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Brown the rabbit pieces on all sides until golden brown, then remove from the pot and set aside.
  4. In the same pot, add the chopped onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
  5. Return the rabbit pieces to the pot. Add the chicken or vegetable broth, white wine, and bay leaves. Cover and transfer to the preheated oven. Braise for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the rabbit is tender and easily falls off the bone.
  6. While the rabbit is cooking, prepare the spätzle. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs, milk, salt, and nutmeg until smooth. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
  7. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Using a spätzle maker or a colander with large holes, press the batter through into the boiling water. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the spätzle float to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
  8. For the red cabbage, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the shredded red cabbage and sliced apples. Cook until the cabbage begins to wilt, about 5-7 minutes.
  9. Stir in the red wine vinegar and brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender.
  10. To serve, arrange the rabbit pieces on a platter alongside the spätzle and red cabbage. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy your delicious Rabbit with Spätzle and Red Cabbage!
Get ready to blow your family and friends' taste buds away with this amazing recipe! 😋 You'll be the culinary hero of your household! Try it now!
Man, I remember when I tried my grandma's Rabbit with Spätzle and Red Cabbage. We were cooking it up, cracking jokes, just like you guys. The result? Straight-up nostalgia, man. 🐇🍁🍽️

Man, I remember when I tried my grandma's Rabbit with Spätzle and Red Cabbage. We were cooking it up, cracking jokes, just like you guys. The result? Straight-up nostalgia, man. 🐇🍁🍽️
Sounds like you had a blast making grandma's famous recipe! 🍲👵 Nostalgic dishes are the bomb! Keep on cooking up those memories!

Back