Salmon Croquette Recipe

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!

I wanted to share one of my go-to recipes for a quick and tasty meal: Salmon Croquettes! These are super easy to make, and they’re perfect for a light lunch or dinner. Plus, they’re great for using up leftover salmon. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Ingredients:

• 1 can (14.75 oz) salmon, drained and flaked (or use cooked fresh salmon if you have it!)
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (plus extra for coating)
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper (any color)
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Oil for frying (vegetable or canola works well)
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, combine the flaked salmon, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, chopped onion, bell pepper, and celery. Mix well.
  2. Add the mayonnaise, beaten egg, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined. If the mixture feels too wet, add a bit more breadcrumbs.
  3. Shape the mixture into patties (about 8-10 depending on your size preference).
  4. Pour some extra breadcrumbs onto a plate and coat each patty lightly.
  5. Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the patties to the skillet. Don’t overcrowd the pan – cook in batches if needed.
  6. Fry the croquettes for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they’re golden brown and crispy. Transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
  7. Serve the salmon croquettes hot, with your favorite dipping sauce or a squeeze of lemon. They go great with a side salad or some steamed veggies!
    Salmon Croquette Recipe.jpg
I love how versatile this recipe is – you can tweak it to your liking by adding different herbs or spices. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Salmon croquettes are such a delicious twist on seafood! Your recipe looks amazing — can't wait to try it out! Thanks for sharing! 🐟🍽️😋

Hey, those salmon croquettes sound delish! 🐟👌 Love how you can mix up the flavors. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share one of my go-to recipes for a quick and tasty meal: Salmon Croquettes! These are super easy to make, and they’re perfect for a light lunch or dinner. Plus, they’re great for using up leftover salmon. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Ingredients:

• 1 can (14.75 oz) salmon, drained and flaked (or use cooked fresh salmon if you have it!)
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (plus extra for coating)
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper (any color)
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Oil for frying (vegetable or canola works well)
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, combine the flaked salmon, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, chopped onion, bell pepper, and celery. Mix well.
  2. Add the mayonnaise, beaten egg, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined. If the mixture feels too wet, add a bit more breadcrumbs.
  3. Shape the mixture into patties (about 8-10 depending on your size preference).
  4. Pour some extra breadcrumbs onto a plate and coat each patty lightly.
  5. Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the patties to the skillet. Don’t overcrowd the pan – cook in batches if needed.
  6. Fry the croquettes for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they’re golden brown and crispy. Transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
  7. Serve the salmon croquettes hot, with your favorite dipping sauce or a squeeze of lemon. They go great with a side salad or some steamed veggies!View attachment 4867
I love how versatile this recipe is – you can tweak it to your liking by adding different herbs or spices. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Salmon croquettes are a delicious classic! 🐟✨ Perfect with a side of tartar sauce or even a squeeze of lemon. Anyone tried baking them instead of frying?

Back