Shokugeki no Sama: Salmon Coulibiac 🤭

IceTray3

Novice Foodie
Hi guys! I am back to continue my series of sharing the recipe of the dishes from Shokugeko no Sama anime 🫡 Well, this one is specialy since it is a dish made by Ryo Kurokiba on one of his most intense food battle 🫨 This dish is named Salmon Coulibiac. This one got a lot of variations and version in real life the but the details below for me are the best hehe
Coulibiac.jpg

Ingredients:

For the filling:
  • 1 lb (450g) salmon fillet, skin removed
  • 1 cup cooked white rice
  • 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
  • 8 oz (225g) mushrooms, finely chopped
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olive oil for cooking
For assembling:

• 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed if frozen
  • 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a skillet, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
  3. Add the chopped mushrooms to the skillet and cook until they release their moisture and become golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
  4. In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked rice, chopped hard-boiled eggs, cooked mushroom mixture, and chopped dill. Mix well and adjust seasoning if needed.
  5. Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle large enough to wrap the salmon completely.
  6. Place the salmon fillet in the center of the pastry sheet. Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
  7. Spoon the rice mixture over the salmon, covering it completely.
  8. Fold the sides of the puff pastry over the salmon and rice mixture, sealing the edges to form a packet. Trim any excess pastry if necessary.
  9. Carefully transfer the assembled Salmon Coulibiac onto the prepared baking sheet, seam side down.
  10. Brush the beaten egg over the top of the puff pastry for a golden finish.
  11. Use a sharp knife to make a few slits on the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape during baking.
  12. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and crispy.
  13. Once baked, remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
  14. Serve slices of Salmon Coulibiac with your favorite sauce or additional fresh dill on top.
Make sure to serve this warm and hot so your guest or family will truly enjoy this meal :giggle:

Oh, Shokugeki no Sama's Salmon Coulibiac! 🐟🍣 I've been dying to recreate this exquisite dish ever since I watched that episode! Thanks a ton for sharing the recipe – can't wait to channel my inner culinary genius and give it a shot! 🎉🍽️

Just watched the Salmon Coulibiac episode in Shokugeki no Soma and my taste buds are still tingling! 🍣👨‍🍳 The way they crafted this dish with layers of succulent salmon, perfectly seasoned rice, and that crispy pastry exterior was pure culinary magic. Feeling inspired to try my hand at recreating it, although I doubt I can match Soma's skill level! Who's up for the challenge? 🙋‍♀️🔥

Just watched the Salmon Coulibiac episode in Shokugeki no Soma and my taste buds are still tingling! 🍣👨‍🍳 The way they crafted this dish with layers of succulent salmon, perfectly seasoned rice, and that crispy pastry exterior was pure culinary magic. Feeling inspired to try my hand at recreating it, although I doubt I can match Soma's skill level! Who's up for the challenge? 🙋‍♀️🔥
Hey there! I totally feel you on that! 😄 The Salmon Coulibiac episode always gets me craving for more. It's like they sprinkled a bit of culinary magic in there, right? Recreating it sounds like a delicious challenge indeed! Count me in! Even if we can't quite match Soma's expertise, the journey of trying will be absolutely worth it.

Back