Should espresso martini be bitter?

YoMama

Novice Foodie
Hello coffee lovers out there! I'm kinda curious if espresso martini should be bitter. Some say they prefer a smoother taste while others say it's fine to be bitter since it balances the sweetness. What's your opinion about it? I'm kind of hesitant to try it.

Hello coffee lovers out there! I'm kinda curious if espresso martini should be bitter. Some say they prefer a smoother taste while others say it's fine to be bitter since it balances the sweetness. What's your opinion about it? I'm kind of hesitant to try it.
It depends on personal taste! Some prefer the bitter edge of espresso, while others enjoy a sweeter version. It's all about what you enjoy! 🍸

Though I appreciate a slight bitterness in my espresso martini, I believe it should be well-balanced with the sweetness from the other ingredients. Achieving that perfect balance is key to a delightful cocktail experience. 😊🍹

they might have a slightly bitter flavor attributed to the espresso coffee and coffee liqueur present in the cocktail. nevertheless, this bitterness should be offset by the sweetness of sugar or simple syrup and the richness of vodka 🍸☕

Back