Southern Fried Chicken

lilbobby

Culinary Explorer
Hey there! You're in for a treat today because I've got a mouthwatering Southern recipe to share with you – Southern Fried Chicken. Trust me, I've tried this recipe countless times, and it's just too good not to share with fellow food enthusiasts like you. So, let's dive right in and whip up some crispy, golden-brown goodness that'll have your taste buds dancing with delight!

178809-southern-style-buttermilk-fried-chicken-DDMFS-4x3-e9262a2595dc4e238e19e2fb944dac2f.jpg

Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:

• 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
Instructions:

1. Start by soaking the chicken pieces in buttermilk. This helps to tenderize the meat and adds a nice flavor. Let it soak for at least an hour, or overnight if you have the time.
  2. In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. This will be your coating for the chicken.
  3. Heat up about an inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. You want it hot enough to fry the chicken but not so hot that it burns quickly.
  4. Take each piece of chicken out of the buttermilk and dredge it in the flour mixture, making sure to coat it thoroughly.
  5. Carefully place the chicken pieces in the hot oil, skin side down. Fry them for about 6-8 minutes on each side, or until they're golden brown and crispy.
  6. Once the chicken is cooked through (you can check by cutting into the thickest part and making sure the juices run clear), remove it from the oil and let it drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
  7. Serve your Southern Fried Chicken hot with your favorite sides – maybe some mashed potatoes, collard greens, and biscuits – and enjoy that delicious Southern flavor!
That's it! Southern Fried Chicken straight from the heart of Dixie. It's crispy, juicy, and oh-so-satisfying. Enjoy!

OMG, y'all, I just stumbled upon this post and let me tell you, my mouth is watering just reading it! Southern Fried Chicken is an absolute classic, and this recipe sounds like it's straight out of grandma's kitchen. 🍗💕 I can practically taste the crispy, golden-brown goodness already! And soaking the chicken in buttermilk? Genius! It's like a secret weapon for making the meat extra tender and flavorful. 😋 Can't wait to try this out for my next dinner party and impress all my friends with some down-home Southern cooking! Who's with me? 🙋‍♀️ #SouthernFoodie #FriedChickenLove 🍗❤️

Oh, the Southern Fried Chicken? This is the epitome of comfort food! Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, it's a timeless favorite that never fails to satisfy me. Even just thinking about it makes my mouth water!" 🍗🤤

Back