Southern Style Pulled Pork BBQ

lilbobby

Culinary Explorer
Howdy, y'all! Today, I'm excited to share with you a Southern classic that's sure to make your taste buds sing – Southern Style Pulled Pork BBQ! This recipe is all about tender, juicy pork, slow-cooked to perfection and smothered in a rich, tangy BBQ sauce. So, fire up the grill or dust off your slow cooker – it's time to get cookin'!
Pulled-Pork-72241.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 4-5 pounds pork shoulder (also known as pork butt)
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons paprika
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste for spiciness)
  • 1 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon molasses
  • Buns, for serving
Instructions:
  1. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to make the dry rub.
  2. Rub the dry rub mixture all over the pork shoulder, making sure to coat it evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight for best results.
  3. Preheat your grill or smoker to 225°F (110°C). If using a slow cooker, skip this step.
  4. Place the pork shoulder on the grill or smoker and cook low and slow for 8-10 hours, or until the meat is fall-apart tender and reaches an internal temperature of 195-200°F (90-95°C). If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours, until the pork is tender.
  5. While the pork is cooking, make the BBQ sauce. In a saucepan, combine the apple cider vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and molasses. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
  6. Once the pork is cooked, remove it from the grill, smoker, or slow cooker and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Then, using two forks, shred the pork into bite-sized pieces.
  7. Pour the BBQ sauce over the shredded pork and toss to coat evenly.
  8. Serve the Southern Style Pulled Pork BBQ on buns, topped with coleslaw if desired. Enjoy the melt-in-your-mouth goodness of this classic Southern dish!
Get ready to impress your friends and family with this mouthwatering Pulled Pork BBQ. It's Southern comfort food at its finest, y'all!

Hey! As a barbecue enthusiast and lover of Southern cuisine, this recipe has me hooked. Just the thought of tender, juicy pulled pork smothered in tangy barbecue sauce has my mouth watering. Pair it with some classic sides like coleslaw and cornbread, and you've got yourself a meal fit for a barbecue feast! Thanks for sharing this mouthwatering recipe—I can't wait to fire up the grill and indulge in some Southern goodness! 🍖🔥🌽

I've been craving some good old-fashioned BBQ lately, and this recipe looks like it would hit the spot! 🍖😋 I can practically taste the smoky flavors and tender texture already. Can't wait to gather the ingredients and give it a try for dinner this weekend!

How wonderful! Southern Style Pulled Pork BBQ sounds like a delightful treat for any occasion. I can almost smell the delicious aromas already!

Back