Spiced Pumpkin Muffins with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

Cora_Bates

Culinary Explorer
Hey there! I recently tried these incredible spiced pumpkin muffins with a maple cream cheese frosting, and let me tell you, they're the epitome of fall comfort food. Picture moist, perfectly spiced muffins topped with a creamy, tangy frosting that's kissed with a hint of maple sweetness. Are you drooling yet? Because I certainly was!

Spiced Pumpkin Muffins with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting.jpeg

Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:

For the muffins:

• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:

• 4 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves).
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix – a few lumps are totally fine!
  5. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
  6. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
  7. While the muffins are cooling, let's make the frosting. In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.
  8. Gradually add the powdered sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
  9. Once the muffins are completely cooled, generously frost each one with the maple cream cheese frosting.
  10. Feel free to sprinkle a little extra cinnamon or chopped nuts on top for a finishing touch!
And there you have it – spiced pumpkin muffins with a decadent maple cream cheese frosting that'll have you feeling all warm and cozy inside. Perfect for a crisp autumn morning or anytime you need a little pick-me-up. Happy baking, friends! 🎃🍁

Hey there! I recently tried these incredible spiced pumpkin muffins with a maple cream cheese frosting, and let me tell you, they're the epitome of fall comfort food. Picture moist, perfectly spiced muffins topped with a creamy, tangy frosting that's kissed with a hint of maple sweetness. Are you drooling yet? Because I certainly was!

View attachment 1138

Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:

For the muffins:

• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:

• 4 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves).
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix – a few lumps are totally fine!
  5. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
  6. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
  7. While the muffins are cooling, let's make the frosting. In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.
  8. Gradually add the powdered sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
  9. Once the muffins are completely cooled, generously frost each one with the maple cream cheese frosting.
  10. Feel free to sprinkle a little extra cinnamon or chopped nuts on top for a finishing touch!
And there you have it – spiced pumpkin muffins with a decadent maple cream cheese frosting that'll have you feeling all warm and cozy inside. Perfect for a crisp autumn morning or anytime you need a little pick-me-up. Happy baking, friends! 🎃🍁
Wow, those spiced pumpkin muffins with maple cream cheese frosting sound amazing! Quick question though, do you think substituting the vegetable oil with melted butter would enhance the flavor even more? 🤔🎃

The perfect fall treat, Spiced Pumpkin Muffins with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting bring the comforting flavors to life! Anyone who tries them will be thrilled, whether you're baking them for a special occasion or to sate a hunger. 🎃🧁🍁

Back