The Best Chocolate Mousse

MylaPeek

Culinary Explorer

Hello everyone and chocolate mousse lovers! Just learned this amazing chocolate mousse recipe from my friend’s mom, and it’s a game-changer! 🍫 So rich and creamy with a hint of espresso. Perfect for satisfying those chocolate cravings. You’ve got to try it and let me know what you think! #DessertGoals #ChocolateLovers #Yum

The Best Chocolate Mousse​

The Best Chocolate Mousse.jpg

Ingredients​

• 1 3/4 cups cold heavy cream
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 4 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 4 ounces good-quality semisweet chocolate, chopped

Directions​

Special equipment: Four 4-ounce ramekins

1. Whip the Cream: In a medium bowl, whip 1 cup of the heavy cream to soft peaks. Set aside.
  2. Prepare the Egg Mixture: In a medium heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg, egg yolks, sugar, espresso powder, vanilla extract, salt, and 1 tablespoon of water. Place the bowl over a medium saucepan of gently simmering water (make sure the bowl does not touch the water). Whisk constantly until the mixture becomes pale, hot to the touch, and nearly doubles in volume (about 4 to 6 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula if needed. Remove from heat and continue whisking for another 2 minutes until cooled.
  3. Melt the Chocolate: Place the chopped chocolates in another medium heatproof bowl and set over the saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally with a rubber spatula until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir gently for about 3 minutes to cool slightly.
  4. Combine Egg Mixture and Chocolate: Gradually whisk the egg mixture into the melted chocolate in three additions until well combined (it might get thick).
  5. Fold in Whipped Cream: Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture in three additions until fully incorporated. Ensure the chocolate mixture is not warm to avoid seizing.
  6. Chill: Divide the chocolate mousse among four 4-ounce ramekins. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
  7. Top with Whipped Cream: Whip the remaining 3/4 cup of cold heavy cream to stiff peaks. Top each ramekin of chocolate mousse with whipped cream. For a softer texture, let the ramekins sit at room temperature while you whip the cream.
Cook’s Note: Whipping the cream can be done manually with a whisk or with an electric mixer.

PS: Guys, just got this epic chocolate mousse recipe from my friend's mom! 🍫😋 It's a total game-changer! You've gotta try it! #ChocolateLove

Sounds delish! I am looking forward to make this recipe and enjoy the sweetness of chocolate. Glad to see the scoop – this will be my new favorite dessert from now on I would guess. 🍫✨

Back