Tlayudas Recipe

cb100397

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 👋 Today, I'm excited to share with you a unique and delicious Mexican dish called Tlayudas. Originating from Oaxaca, these crispy tortillas are like Mexican pizzas, but with a flavor all their own. Here's how to make them:
Tlayudas Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

• Large corn tortillas
  • Refried beans
  • Chopped lettuce
  • Sliced avocado
  • Cooked chorizo or cecina (thinly sliced marinated beef)
  • Oaxacan cheese (or substitute mozzarella)
  • Salsa of your choice
Instructions:

1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
  2. Place a tortilla in the skillet and cook until crispy and lightly browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
  3. Remove the tortilla from the skillet and spread a layer of refried beans on one side.
  4. Top with lettuce, avocado slices, cooked chorizo or cecina, and Oaxacan cheese.
  5. Place the tlayuda back in the skillet and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
  6. Remove from the skillet, slice into wedges, and serve with your favorite salsa.

Don't skimp on the toppings! I think traditional Tlayudas are loaded with refried beans, Oaxaca cheese, cabbage, avocado, and salsa, though you can customize with your favorite ingredients. 🥑

This Tlayudas Recipe is blowing my mind! 🔥 Can't wait to recreate this authentic dish and transport my taste buds to Mexico! Thanks for sharing this deliciousness! 😋

Hey everyone! 👋 Today, I'm excited to share with you a unique and delicious Mexican dish called Tlayudas. Originating from Oaxaca, these crispy tortillas are like Mexican pizzas, but with a flavor all their own. Here's how to make them:
View attachment 3555

Ingredients:

• Large corn tortillas
  • Refried beans
  • Chopped lettuce
  • Sliced avocado
  • Cooked chorizo or cecina (thinly sliced marinated beef)
  • Oaxacan cheese (or substitute mozzarella)
  • Salsa of your choice
Instructions:

1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
  2. Place a tortilla in the skillet and cook until crispy and lightly browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
  3. Remove the tortilla from the skillet and spread a layer of refried beans on one side.
  4. Top with lettuce, avocado slices, cooked chorizo or cecina, and Oaxacan cheese.
  5. Place the tlayuda back in the skillet and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
  6. Remove from the skillet, slice into wedges, and serve with your favorite salsa.
Wow, this tlayuda recipe looks amazing! I can't wait to try making it at home. Has anyone tried adding avocado slices or a drizzle of lime juice on top? I feel like that would take it to the next level. 🍽️🌮✨

Back