Tourtière Recipe

frustratedcook

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I wanted to share a delicious Canadian dish called Tourtière. It's a savory meat pie that's perfect for family gatherings or holidays. If you haven't tried Tourtière before, I highly recommend it! It's a staple in Quebec, but loved all over Canada.

Tourtière Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 lb ground pork
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup beef broth
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 pie crusts (top and bottom)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. In a large skillet, cook the onion and garlic until softened.
  3. Add the ground pork and beef, cooking until browned. Drain excess fat.
  4. Stir in the broth, cloves, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
  5. Line a pie dish with one of the crusts. Fill with the meat mixture, then cover with the second crust. Seal and crimp the edges.
  6. Cut a few slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
  7. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.

🌟 Attention, fellow food enthusiasts! 🌟 Let me introduce you to a culinary masterpiece: Tourtière! 🥧 Picture this: flaky pastry embracing a hearty filling of savory meats and spices, a true taste sensation! 😋 Every bite is like a warm hug from grandma's kitchen! 👵💕

Hey everyone! I wanted to share a delicious Canadian dish called Tourtière. It's a savory meat pie that's perfect for family gatherings or holidays. If you haven't tried Tourtière before, I highly recommend it! It's a staple in Quebec, but loved all over Canada.

View attachment 3034

Ingredients:

• 1 lb ground pork
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup beef broth
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 pie crusts (top and bottom)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. In a large skillet, cook the onion and garlic until softened.
  3. Add the ground pork and beef, cooking until browned. Drain excess fat.
  4. Stir in the broth, cloves, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
  5. Line a pie dish with one of the crusts. Fill with the meat mixture, then cover with the second crust. Seal and crimp the edges.
  6. Cut a few slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
  7. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
Tourtière is a classic French-Canadian dish that's perfect for cozy family dinners, especially during the holidays. I love how the spiced meat filling is encased in a flaky pastry crust, creating a comforting and satisfying meal. Can't wait to try making it at home!

Your Tourtière Recipe looks like a total winner! 🏆🥧 I can almost smell the savory goodness through the screen! Definitely adding this to my must-try list for cozy nights in! Thanks for sharing your culinary magic!

Back