Tuna Mornay Recipe

Kuromi_X.O

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodie friends! It's a dish that's close to my heart, as it's one of the first recipes I learned to cook when I was just starting out in the kitchen. Now, it's become a beloved staple in my repertoire, perfect for cozy nights in or when I need a quick and comforting meal.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup macaroni or pasta of your choice
  • 1 can (about 6 ounces) tuna, drained
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella work well)
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas (optional)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Bread crumbs for topping (optional)
Tuna mornay.jpg
Instructions:

1. Cook the macaroni or pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  2. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  3. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the flour and whisk continuously for about 1 minute to make a roux.
  4. Slowly pour in the milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
  5. Cook the sauce for a few minutes until it thickens, then stir in the shredded cheese until melted and smooth.
  6. Add the drained tuna and frozen peas (if using) to the sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Stir in the cooked macaroni or pasta until well coated with the cheesy sauce.
  8. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs if desired.
  9. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly.
  10. Serve hot and enjoy your comforting Tuna Mornay!
I hope you give this Tuna Mornay recipe a try and love it as much as I do! 🐟🧀🍽️

Hey foodie friends! It's a dish that's close to my heart, as it's one of the first recipes I learned to cook when I was just starting out in the kitchen. Now, it's become a beloved staple in my repertoire, perfect for cozy nights in or when I need a quick and comforting meal.

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
View attachment 3100Instructions:
  1. Cook the macaroni or pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  3. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the flour and whisk continuously for about 1 minute to make a roux.
  5. Cook the sauce for a few minutes until it thickens, then stir in the shredded cheese until melted and smooth.
  6. Add the drained tuna and frozen peas (if using) to the sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Stir in the cooked macaroni or pasta until well coated with the cheesy sauce.
  8. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs if desired.
  9. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly.
Thanks for sharing the tuna mornay recipe! It's always great to have new ideas for incorporating tuna into meals, and this sounds like a comforting and flavorful dish. I'll definitely give it a try for a cozy weeknight dinner.

Tuna Mornay, a classic comfort dish that always hits the spot! Excited to whip up a creamy, cheesy delight for dinner tonight. 🐟🧀🍽️

This Tuna Mornay recipe looks delicious! I love how it combines creamy goodness with the savory flavor of tuna. Plus, it seems super easy to make, which is perfect for busy weeknights. Can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for sharing! 😉👍✨😋

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
View attachment 3100Instructions:
Your Tuna Mornay sounds delicious! 😋 I love recipes with sentimental value. Do you have any tips for making it extra creamy? 🍲

Back