What is the best thickener for clam chowder?

Marich

Tasty Apprentice
Heyy! 🌟 So, what's the deal with thickening up chowder? 🤔 I've been experimenting in the kitchen lately and I'm wondering what is the top-notch thickener to use. 🥣 I've tried flour and cornstarch, but I'm looking for something a bit different this time around. Any suggestions? 🤷‍♂️🍲

Hey, I've used mashed potatoes before and it works great! 🥔 It gives chowder a nice creamy texture without changing the flavor too much. Give it a shot! 👍

The best thickener for clam chowder is typically a roux (butter and flour cooked together), cornstarch slurry, or a combination of heavy cream and mashed potatoes. Each option provides a different texture and flavor profile, so choose based on your preference.🥣

I think cornstarch works well. Just mix it with cold water before adding to the soup. Keeps things nice and smooth! 😊

The best thickener for clam chowder is typically a combination of flour and butter cooked into a roux, or alternatively, you can use a mixture of cornstarch and water for a gluten-free option.✨❤️

Hey! 🌟 For a top-notch chowder thickener, try using potato flakes or mashed potatoes! 🥔 They add a creamy texture and subtle flavor that blends perfectly. Another great option is a roux made with butter and flour, cooked until it's a rich, nutty brown before adding to your chowder. Enjoy your thick, delicious chowder! 🍲😋

Hey! 🌟 For a top-notch chowder thickener, try using potato flakes or mashed potatoes! 🥔 They add a creamy texture and subtle flavor that blends perfectly. Another great option is a roux made with butter and flour, cooked until it's a rich, nutty brown before adding to your chowder. Enjoy your thick, delicious chowder! 🍲😋
Hey, awesome tip! Potato flakes sound like a game-changer! Gonna try that and the roux trick for sure. Thanks a bunch for the advice! Can't wait to make my chowder extra creamy! 🥔🍲🙌

Back