Beef Chow Mein

Peachy

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! So, last weekend, I decided to try my hand at making beef chow mein at home. The flavors were out of this world, and it was surprisingly easy to whip up.

Ingredients:
Beef Chow Mein.jpg

• 8 ounces of chow mein noodles
  • 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
  • 1 pound of beef sirloin, thinly sliced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 bell pepper, sliced
  • 2 cups of mixed vegetables (such as carrots, broccoli, and snow peas)
  • 1/4 cup of soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce
  • 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Green onions, sliced, for garnish
Instructions:
  1. Cook the chow mein noodles according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
  3. Add the thinly sliced beef and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
  4. In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and sliced onion, and cook until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
  5. Add the sliced bell pepper and mixed vegetables to the skillet, and stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
  6. Return the cooked beef to the skillet, along with the cooked chow mein noodles.
  7. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil. Pour the sauce over the beef and noodles, and toss to coat evenly.
  8. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until everything is heated through and well combined.
  9. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with sliced green onions before serving.
Let me know if you give it a try! 🥩🍜🥦

Hey everyone! So, last weekend, I decided to try my hand at making beef chow mein at home. The flavors were out of this world, and it was surprisingly easy to whip up.

Ingredients:View attachment 3095
  • 8 ounces of chow mein noodles
  • 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
  • 1 pound of beef sirloin, thinly sliced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 bell pepper, sliced
  • 2 cups of mixed vegetables (such as carrots, broccoli, and snow peas)
  • 1/4 cup of soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce
  • 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Green onions, sliced, for garnish
Instructions:
  1. Cook the chow mein noodles according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
  3. Add the thinly sliced beef and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
  4. In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and sliced onion, and cook until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
  5. Add the sliced bell pepper and mixed vegetables to the skillet, and stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
  6. Return the cooked beef to the skillet, along with the cooked chow mein noodles.
  7. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil. Pour the sauce over the beef and noodles, and toss to coat evenly.
  8. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until everything is heated through and well combined.
  9. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with sliced green onions before serving.
Let me know if you give it a try! 🥩🍜🥦
Beef Chow Mein is always a hit in my household! It's such a versatile dish that you can customize with your favorite vegetables and protein. Plus, the savory sauce brings everything together perfectly. Can't wait to whip up a batch for dinner tonight!

Beef chow mein? 🥩🍜 A savory and satisfying stir-fry dish featuring tender slices of beef, crisp vegetables, and chewy noodles tossed in a flavorful sauce - a deliciously comforting meal that's perfect for any day of the week!

Back