Cherry Compote

Nutellah_

Culinary Explorer

Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a delightful treat: Cherry Compote! 🍒 This sweet and tangy compote is perfect for adding a burst of flavor to your favorite desserts, breakfast dishes, or even as a topping for
459×373
173.1 kB

1716657670406.png
ice cream. Let's dive into the recipe! 🥄

Ingredients:​

• 2 cups fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar (adjust to taste)
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons water

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Cherries:
    • If using fresh cherries, wash them, remove the stems, and pit them. If using frozen cherries, thaw them before cooking.
  2. Cook the Cherries:
    • In a medium saucepan, combine the cherries, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract (if using), and water.
    • Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the cherries have softened, about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Thicken the Compote:
    • Optionally, if you prefer a thicker compote, you can mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water to make a slurry. Stir the slurry into the cherry mixture and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes until thickened.
  4. Cool and Serve:
    • Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the cherry compote cool slightly.
    • Transfer the compote to a serving bowl or jar and refrigerate until chilled before serving.
  5. Serve:
    • Enjoy the cherry compote as a topping for pancakes, waffles, yogurt, ice cream, or as a filling for cakes and pastries. It's also delicious spooned over oatmeal or served alongside cheese.
Enjoy your homemade cherry compote! 🍒🍴

Cherry compote? Sounds bomb! Got the recipe handy? Oh my God, I am really feeling hungry just imagining it. 🤤🤤

Yum, cherry compote is such a versatile topping! 😍 Your recipe looks fantastic! Can't wait to drizzle it over some ice cream or pancakes. Thanks for sharing!

Back